Anyone order from cdjapan.co?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by McGuy, Aug 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McGuy

McGuy All Mc, all the time... Thread Starter

Wonder if it’s legit thanks

2. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

3. footlooseman

footlooseman Forum Resident

A few times, most of stuff is available on amazonjp also, Amazon seems to ship quicker and cheaper. I got a box set in three days once! Great customer service they will try to source your product from somewhere else if they dont have. Try to go with them as much as i can. Loved those japanese pressings since i was a kid first vinyl and now cds. The deluxe japan exclusives are a fans dream and a budget buster! Have fun

caravan70, Crimson Witch and McGuy like this.
  4. McGuy

That’s the one. Thanks!

5. McGuy

Thinking of SACD bitches brew.

formu_la, eelkiller and footlooseman like this.
  6. jmrife

jmrife Wife. Kids. Grandkids. Dog. Music.

The only problem with ordering from this outfit is how long you have to wait for transit. Not their problem. Otherwise, the service is fine.

McGuy likes this.
  7. Blue Cactus

Blue Cactus Forum Resident

I've bought from them in the past. Never any problems.

If you elect EMS shipping, it's usually pretty quick.

McGuy and eelkiller like this.
  8. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

But they have many shipping options, some are lightning fast. If you pick SAL it is slow but cheaper.

9. DetroitDoomsayer

DetroitDoomsayer Forum Middle Child

absolutely legit, I order all the time from them, and have never waited more than 2 1/2 to 3 weeks to receive my packages.

They pack shipments the best, bubble wrapped and in a small hard cardboard box.

ispace, McGuy, Bill Mac and 1 other person like this.
  10. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

I have bought several Rolling Stones SHM cds from them.

You can even pay them in cash. You would probably have to worry more about the letter being lost in the mail than CDJapan not honoring your payment.

CDJapan : Cash Sent Via Registered Mail

Plus they give you bonus points for your birthday (300 yen off the price...about $5) and other discounts for just ordering a CD.

caravan70, footlooseman and McGuy like this.
  11. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Go for it!

footlooseman, MartyTem and McGuy like this.
  12. jmrife

jmrife Wife. Kids. Grandkids. Dog. Music.

Me, too.

fmfxray373 likes this.
  13. Skychan

Skychan Well-Known Member

I've purchased through them many times over the years and have even used their Proxy Service several times, which is great for OOP items. I never had any issues with the actually shipping, the delay was mostly from them waiting for stock to arrive from either their supplier or the Proxy Service supplier.

They did recently have a problem when they moved their fulfillment center/warehouse and all their shipments were delayed substantially (unfortunately I was one of them) , which they say is now resolved. Otherwise, I've always have had good experiences with them.

However, I've noticed that they don't carry as many "in-stock items" (1-3 days) as they use to, now the majority are "in-stock with supplier" (3-7 days).

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    Mike McMann, McGuy and pghmusiclover like this.
  14. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

I've ordered tons of stuff from them. never had an issue until recently. I blame myself for letting it happen. basically pre-ordered some mini-lp cds .
    The items kept getting delayed month after month. finally the site says they will be released later that month. then I receive this email:

"it was necessary to process the payment due to the requirement to finalize payments within 90 days the issuer of your card granted us the authorization to do so. Your order above contains items whose release dates were more than 90 days in the future when you placed your order.
    Now that the payment went through, we are enabled to continue with your order. It will be sent to you as soon as all items are available for shipment.""

Should never have allowed the charge. Problem is the items were canceled and the order was canceled but no refund! I have e-mailed four times already asking for store credit or refund but no reply. Have to say I am disappointed. I've spent a lot of money over the years with them.

15. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

I always use SAL. Post service between Japan and Canada is extremely reliable. Speed doesn't matter much to me.
    And unlike Amazon they accept PayPal.

16. BrokenByAudio

BrokenByAudio Forum Resident

Never any problem and I have ordered dozens of titles from them over the years.

17. gabacabriel

gabacabriel Forum Resident

Good company, good service - the only reason I don't order more from them is that I invariably get clobbered with import duty (and have to pay Royal Mail a handling fee for the privilege)

18. Robert Godridge

Robert Godridge Forum Resident

People in the uk: is there any way to avoid the extra customs fees? I don't want it stuck at the post office for ages as I'm totally blind and someone only reads my physical mail once a week so I'd end up incurring storage fees...
    Seriously conciddering a few shm cds from there.

19. MicJames

MicJames Forum Resident

is there a good way to make large orders that exceed the 30 item cart limit? There appears to be a combine orders option, but I was hoping there is a way to order all at once.

20. Ironbelly

Ironbelly Forum Resident

They are good and reliable. Packaging is good too, not like recent from amazon.

The only problem for EU customers (as of the end of 2021) they were not registered with IOSS. Which means all the parcels are subject to custom clearance + local post office fees are added atop. Not to mention associated delays in delivery. Like 1 week for parcel to arrive from Japan + 4 weeks to pass through local bureaucracy.

21. lwh1

lwh1 Forum Resident

I have never encountered any problems with customs charges. They usually take around 6 or 7 days from dispatch to delivery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.