Anyone recognize this picture?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by HGN2001, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member Thread Starter

It's OK. Just trying to stop the thread degradation.

2. CusBlues

CusBlues Fort Wayne’s Favorite Retired Son

Pre-Bewitched. She hadn't started exercising her nose yet. :)

ARK, musicarus, fr in sc and 3 others like this.
  3. markshan

markshan Forum Resident

Until you can tell me who it is, I don't not accept that it is "clearly" not her. It can't be that clear if several of us think so.

4. HGN2001

I recognize BOTH of those actresses faces, I just cannot place them or tell you their names. And I *know* that neither are Elizabeth Montgomery, so it's clear to me. I'm sorry if you cannot see that, but we all have our own perceptions of things.

There are many instances of conversations among people where one person says, "Doesn't that guy look just like ___(fill in famous actor's name here)_____________ ?" And the other person says, "No. It doesn't look anything like him."

So I can forgive all of you who've mistakenly thought one of these young ladies looked something like a young Elizabeth Montgomery. I know differently but cannot give the correct name to prove it. It's frustrating, that's all.

Harry

SandAndGlass likes this.
  5. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

Why is this even an issue, she looks nothing at ALL like Elizabeth Montgomery!!!

So yes, its clearly not her.

The blonde looks very familiar, tho, as if she was on an early 60s TV series like "Karen" or something like that. Someone like Deborah Walley.

stevenson66g likes this.
  6. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I think this is going to be an imposnsible task unless you ID an actress. I think the more promising one to ID is the one on the right with the lettered shirt. She looks familiar (and is better looking) and I may have seen her before. Otherwise, this is going to turn out to be something like "Teenage Beach Party" or some other obscure flick. I'm guessing the year is 1960-1966.

7. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Those two look like cleaning ladies to me.

8. HGN2001

I wouldn't mind it if my cleaning ladies looked like this.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  9. bigguy

bigguy Member

my first thought was Tuesday Weld.

10. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Right. A Tuesday Weld look-alike -- except a poor imitation. She looks more like Little Cindy Who, from the Grinch who stole Christmas.

11. GreenDrazi

GreenDrazi Truth is beauty

LOL! :D

12. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

...the brunette looks like a cross between Hazel Court and Dee Hartford?

13. dgsinner

dgsinner New Member

14. stuwee

stuwee Forum Resident

Man you run hot and cold, but it's your thread....nice to see you do have a sense of humor though.

Lost In The Flood and musicarus like this.
  15. Michelle66

Michelle66 Senior Member

The blond looks kind of familiar to me...

I've been watching some old B&W TV show DVDs recently, and I wonder if she might have been one of Wally's girlfriends in Leave It To Beaver...?

Maybe looking at the LITB episode guide at IMDb will give a lead.

Update: I looked at IMDb quickly. She looks a lot like Cheryl Holdridge. Anyone else think so? (If you google the name, lots of pics of Ms. Holdridge pop up. The hairstyle is similar in many.)

16. HGN2001

I have quite a good sense of humor. I also know that left alone, threads like this easily degrade into picture-posting festivals with no relation to the original question.

And as the asker of the question, I'm just trying to keep the thread on track, that's all.

I like the point about Wally's girlfriend from LEAVE IT TO BEAVER - that's a good suggestion, and it just may lead somewhere. Actresses like that often ended up in teen flicks from that era.

I really do recognize both of these young ladies, but can't place them, otherwise I'd suggest the possibility of them being stand-ins for a lighting test and the scrap footage ended up being used as leader.

Harry

17. dgsinner

dgsinner New Member

How about if her biography makes no mention of a role in Voyage To The Bottom of The Sea pilot filmed at the same time pre-production work was being done on Bewitched?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p-xNnamhec&feature=related

Dale

18. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

No one here said the two girls pictured were in the cast of the "Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea" pilot, the girls simply appeared for a split-second in random frames that appeared upside-down and reversed at the start.

19. HGN2001

Thank you. I tried to be clear in my original post.

20. mongo

mongo Senior Member

The brunette could definitely be Elizabeth Montgomery

21. markshan

markshan Forum Resident

Do accomplished actors often bother to mention unreleased pilot work?

22. markshan

markshan Forum Resident

Clearly she couldn't. (That's sarcasm, for those of you playing along at home.)

HGN2001 likes this.
  23. FredC

FredC Forum Resident

Like somebody else already has mentioned in reading thru the posts, my first impression from the beginning when I saw the blonde was Tuesday Weld.

Fred Clemens

24. HGN2001

Checking the DVD again, even though it flashes by, there are actually eight frames of this "movie". During the eight frames, the blonde moves her eyes and the brunette leans back a little, revealing a better view of the "Hawthorne" word on her sweater. Here is that eighth frame:

25. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

HGN: I'm curious, how did you extract the frames from the DVD and were able to post them. What software did you use?

thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.