Anyone recognize this picture?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by HGN2001, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GroovinGarrett

GroovinGarrett Mrs. Stately's Garden

Harry, the brunette looks so familiar. I keep thinking Elvis Presley movie for some reason, so I'm going through the list.

2. AndrewS

AndrewS Senior Member

I know it's not the popular answer, but I still think the brunette looks like Elizabeth Montgomery...

I also liked the suggestion of the blonde being one of Wally's girlfriends on Leave It To Beaver. She definitely looks familiar from something...

3. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

I still find it amusing that some think the brunette looks like Elizabeth Montgomery and some think the blonde looks like Elizabeth Montgomery. :laugh:

stevenson66g and troggy like this.
  4. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member Thread Starter

Yes, so far, the forum's best answer is that the blonde is Elizabeth Montgomery, while the brunette is Elizabeth Montgomery. :confused:

I was hoping we could do better than that, but I guess this is a hopeless case. I promise that when the current thread dies again, I won't reactivate it on my own, and allow the matter to rest. It's really not that important - it's just that I had so much faith in you guys...

Harry

SandAndGlass likes this.
  5. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

I'm still fairly convinced that I've seen the blonde on The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, Thriller or a similar show.

6. AndrewS

AndrewS Senior Member

I can't, for the life of me, see any resemblance between the blonde and Elizabeth Montgomery.

Then again, I suppose some people feel the same way about the brunette.

7. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

I'm with you, Andrew. The brunette looks a bit like Montgomery, but it's not her. The blonde looks nothing like Montgomery. The eyes are too wide, the jaw is too pointed, etc.

8. AndrewS

AndrewS Senior Member

It has been suggested on dvdtalk forum that this could be "I Saw What You Did"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059297/

That would make the actresses Sarah Lane and Andi Garrett.

To me it looks close, but no cigar.

9. goodiesguy

goodiesguy Confide In Me

They look American.

10. GroovinGarrett

GroovinGarrett Mrs. Stately's Garden

What's that supposed to mean??

11. HGN2001

I checked out a trailer to I SAW WHAT YOU DID since I don't think I've ever seen the movie, and came upon the frame posted below on Youtube.

Knowing what we know about junk film, I suggest that the film title might be right, and that the two young ladies in the picture I posted might have been stand-ins on the film, and this frame might have been from a lighting test or something. The sweater/sweatshirt on the brunette in the picture below looks quite similar to the "HAWTHORNE" one.

So the actresses in my original frame remain unknown, but as stand-ins, we might have seen them in the backgrounds of any number of films and TV shows of the era, hence the familiarity of their faces.

Sound reasonable?

Attached Files:

12. AndrewS

AndrewS Senior Member

That sounds very reasonable! I hadn't even considered stand-ins. But, considering the similarity between the actresses, I think it's a definite possibility.

I also thought it was interesting that there was a telephone in your shot, and that this film is about prank calls.

13. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

I think that is an important clue that narrows down the search quite a bit!!! :winkgrin:

14. JFS3

JFS3 Senior Member

Yeah, I agree. They may be some similarities, but I think that 's due more to the fact they both originate from the same time period (similar fashions, hair styles, etc.).

15. swandown

swandown Under Assistant West Coast Forum Resident

From a Google image search for "Andi Garrett":

[​IMG]

16. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

[​IMG]

:agree: I watched this movie tonight and the telephone that the girls use for their calls is white. Also, nowhere in the movie is that furniture seen either.

17. Michelle66

Michelle66 Senior Member

I don't think they wanna be identified... ;)

Attached Files:

ARK likes this.
  18. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

I think I can identify them.

The are relatives of Groucho Marx!

ARK likes this.
  19. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Circle gets the square!

20. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

The brunette looks like that woman that was on Perry Mason.

21. HGN2001

The fact that the set isn't in the movie is a bit troubling, so it may not have been that exact movie. Still, the stand-in idea probably has merit.

Harry

22. kch27

kch27 Forum Resident

TR-CherylHoldridge.jpg

TS-CherylHoldridge11.jpg

I think the blonde is Cheryl Holdridge, as someone suggested earlier. If the photo is from a movie, it might possibly be A Summer Place (1959). She's listed in IMDb as "girl in dormitory", as were three other (originally uncredited) actresses.

She was in eight episodes of Leave It to Beaver, usually as "Julie Foster." She was also a Mouseketeer and was in a bunch of other TV series in the early sixties.

Sorry, I still don't know the other actress, though she looks vaguely familiar...

SandAndGlass likes this.
  23. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

You know, I am now completely convinced that that indeed is the correct answer. The poofy hair in that first shot that kch27 posted is 100% identical and the rest of her facial features seem close enough too! Good job! :thumbsup:

SandAndGlass likes this.
  24. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Heck even in these photos from different ages one can clearly see facial similarities. Definitely Cheryl Holdridge. :agree: The hair in post #147 was the clincher though - most likely from the same movie. Same exact length and style.

So, now we just need to ID the brunette. :D

Attached Files:

25. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

I disagree. The original woman's chin is longer, and her eyes are further apart. Unless those pics are horizontally stretched...

Wait, that wouldn't explain the chin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.