Anyone recommend Firefall's Greatest Hits?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by voicebug, Feb 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voicebug

voicebug Senior Member Thread Starter

Ok. I've been contemplating picking up Firefall's Greatest Hits on Rhino for a few years now, but just haven't gotten around to it, because I'm not sure I would like it.

I only know three songs---'You Are The Woman,' 'Just Remember I Love You,' and 'Strange Way.' I think 'Strange Way' is fantastic, and like the other two songs as well.

I enjoy The Eagles, The Doobie Brothers, and Little River Band, so I 'think' I might enjoy this group, but I'm not really sure. I know Firefall charted more songs in the top 40, but I honestly don't recognize them by their titles. So I was wondering if their Greatest Hits is 3 good songs and a bunch of filler, or if this is a treasure waiting to be discovered.

What do you guys think? Thanks!

2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I like the older Rhino CD, except tha it uses the single edit of "Strange Way".

3. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Voicebug,

Firefall included ex-members of Spirit and the Flying Burrito Bros. Their other big hit, which I'm sure you'll recognize once you hear it, is "It Doesn't Matter", a Stephen Stills-Chris Hillman tune. Judging by your post, you'll probably enjoy this band and the compilation. By the way, if you *do* like this stuff, you might also want to check out early Flying Burrito Bros and Poco. Highly recommended.

Jim W.

4. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Hey there's Livin' Ain't Livin' and The Love That Got Away there too!

I've always liked these guys.

I'd certainly welcome a Hoffmanized Firefall CD as well.

5. HeavyDistortion

HeavyDistortion Senior Member

You will also probably like "Cinderella", which you may have heard before, because it got a lot of FM airplay when Firefall's first LP came out. I think that the Rhino collection is a good overview of Firefall's recorded work.

Ed Hurdle
    HeavyDistortion

6. rjp

rjp Senior Member

firefall's first four or five albums were once available, i think that most are now OOP.

wounded bird will be releasing 2 two-fers of their last four albums sometine this summer.

if you like the eagles, CSNY, poco you will definitely like firefall.

renny

7. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Don't forget Firefall's first big hits, "You Are The Woman" and "Just Remember I Love You".

8. Pat

Pat Forum Detective

Good one, Heavy D!

Cinderella, to me anyway, is the great lost "Loggins and Messina" song. Perhaps others have thought so?!:confused:

Not played enough on the radio these days, for certain!

9. Elton

Elton I Hope Being Helpful, Will Make Me Look Cool

If you like those tunes you'll love the first 12 to 13 songs, as they are from the first 4 albums and be for the personnel changes. (There's nothing wrong with the other songs, espicialy the "new" song, just different). As mention earlier the only edited version used on the disc is "Strange Ways". Other then that, this is the very best overview of this fine group. Rhino had released at lest the first 4 albums on CD, if you want more of Firefall. :cool: Enjoy.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.