Anyone still collect ELVIS PRESLEY CD'S and Photos

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lvsfn, May 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lvsfn

lvsfn Active Member Thread Starter

i sure miss the days of walkin into a record store and looking for Elvis cd's and even magazine , these years i have bought almost everything i collect on ELVIS off line . I guess with the new age comes new
    ways of collecting music , i like the feeling of popping in a cd in the ol cd player . I just can't understand
    how people can only download music and not want a disc /vinyl in there hands .
    \

I am also an avid photo collector of ELVIS with shots mainly from 1970-1977 both on stage and off , and even that seems to be a dying art . I find that most ELVIS photo books these days are plain old boring cheaply made with shots we have seen again and again . So any ELVIS collectors still outhere? and by the way how do we post pictures on here

2. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Sadly, the brick and mortar stores aren't stocking Elvis titles as they did even 20 years ago. We're very fortunate to have Amazon and other retail music sites which enable us to purchase Elvis CDs and other releases both new and used. Purchasing music online through a reputable site such as Amazon is mostly safe and the only downside is having to wait a short period of time for an item to be delivered.

Since you're a longtime Elvis fan, I highly recommend the 8CD/2DVD Deluxe Edition box set for "That's The Way It Is."

https://www.amazon.ca/Thats-Way-Del...9&keywords=elvis+presley+that's+the+way+it+is

3. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

For me, for my interest I have a copy of the DCC Gold CD Elvis Presley - Elvis 24 Karat Hits!. It has a nice picture on it of Elvis on the cover and I'm pretty well set.

Crimson Witch and melstapler like this.
  4. lvsfn

lvsfn Active Member Thread Starter

i do have this for quite some time , as u know we have ended up with multiple sets over the years of THAT THE WAY .... even the dvd outakes from the film that were bootlegged years ago . To me the ELVIS TTWII album is his very best from start to finish -hence it's why i have so many cd' versions from imports, FTD and all the 90's remasters. Definetly a very very good album .

5. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Part of the fun in collecting Elvis is hearing different live performances and making comparisons of one night to another. The San Antonio performance from April 1972 is one I've been enjoying lately and I may even be partial to that period.

6. Crimson Witch

Crimson Witch Roll across the floor thru the hole & out the door

He was the King ...;)

7. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Agreed

8. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. isolation can harm you terribly

I have these

Elvis* - The King Of Rock 'N' Roll: The Complete 50's Masters
    Elvis* - From Nashville To Memphis - The Essential 60's Masters I
    Elvis Presley - Command Performances - The Essential 60's Masters II
    Elvis Presley - Walk A Mile In My Shoes - The Essential 70's Masters
    Elvis Presley - Elvis Presley
    Elvis Presley - Elvis Presley (Legacy Edition)
    Elvis Presley - NBC-TV Special
    Elvis* - The Alternate Aloha
    Elvis Presley - Viva Las Vegas And Roustabout
    Elvis Presley - Elvis' Greatest ****
    Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel

Elvis* - 20th Anniversary Sampler

I'm pretty happy with these. I wouldn't mind a copy of the Elvis At Sun CD though, and also remasters of Elvis's Golden Records (which I also have a Japanese fake stereo CD of, and an early LP pressing), and the second volume,
    I know sound of some of the recordings have been improved since the first box (or so I've read - I know the Sun one is much, much better sounding than how it is on the box).

9. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I have all the Elvis I'll ever need...

10. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

In this streaming era, I don't collect Elvis, but did get several CDs when my kid was small and got into The King via Lilo And Stitch (if you haven't see that, you MUST). Elv1s, 2nd To None, and the 3-CD gospel set, wow that is some good stuff, you can tell he really loved that genre. I think it is so cool he defied all the record company folks etc and put out that material.

Took the kid to Graceland on Father's Day some years back. Reaction: tears, bawling out "Elvis shouldn't have died so young!" Amen, kid, amen. I was dumbstruck by the long long long hallway FULL of gold discs. Wow. What a great Father's Day-followed the next day by finally actually getting to Black Oak, Arkansas!

If you haven't been to Graceland, GO. And listen to Paul Simon's "Graceland" and to "Walking In Memphis" and you absolutely must go to Sun Studios first.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  11. kreen

kreen Forum Resident

I'm not a collector or anything but I've been listening to nothing but Elvis for about 6 months, and I keep buying new CDs. I definitely should have bought the 60-CD box set right away, as it would have been cheaper after all than buying the individual CDs. But I didn't know how long this Elvis bender would last!

Crazy thing is... I haven't even started to listen to his 50's material yet! My favorite era is 70's Elvis. Give me those big ballads with the huge sound.

garyt1957 and Shvartze Shabbos like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.