Anyone tried a Jico VN5xMR SAS stylus on an M97xE ?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Stefan, Apr 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member Thread Starter

I know Jico makes three SAS models specifically for the Shure M97xE but I'm curious about trying one of their VN5xMR SAS styli.

I have a neoSAS for my M97xE and love it so I'm considering picking up another one. However, I'd like to pick up the VN5xMR version as I occasionally see V15VxMRs for sale at a decent price without stylus (plus I prefer the black brush holder to the blue one, superficial reason I know). I did see one thread online in which an inquiry to Jico ended up with a reply to the effect that the only real difference between their SAS styli for the two is the color of the brush holder. However, I have noticed significant frequency response differences between my M97xE-SAS/S and n44GX-SAS styli when I compared them mounted on a Paradox Pulse-bodied SC35C (6dB treble boost on the M97xE-SAS/S around 14kHz!).

So I'm wondering if anyone has tried the VN5xMR-SAS on an M97xE. If so, did you find it worked well for you?

2. Jelloalien

Jelloalien Stylus Genie

That's funny cause I have one but no m97xe body for it.....and am currently talking to a buyer for it (but was researching some information to pass on to him and stumbled upon this thread). If he buys it i'll see if he's a member here to comment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.