Anyone watch Sharknado ?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by kwadguy, Jul 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Richard Greico has his agent on the phone.

2. S. P. Honeybunch

S. P. Honeybunch Presidente de Kokomo, Endless Mikelovemoney

The waterspout transports sharks to the parts of land where people are not normally accustomed to encountering such types of aggressive and bloodthirsty sea creatures.

3. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

I was listening to the radio last night and the host said the next SyFy movie should be "SnakeQuake!". :laugh:

jon9091 likes this.
  4. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I saw a 2-minute sample of Sharknado on the Huffington Post and that's more than enough for me... :yikes:

5. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

Tonight! For a good time, follow #Sharknado on Twitter starting around 7pm.

6. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

SHARKNADO II IS COMING!!!!! Really!

7. white wolf

white wolf Forum Resident

I tivoed a reshowing of it after seeing a story on some news show about it. Haven't watched it yet.

8. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

I was hoping they'd do Bearvalanche.

9. dhoffa85

dhoffa85 Well-Known Member

I heard it's called sharknado vs hurrigator requiem

S. P. Honeybunch likes this.
  10. Rachael Bee

I'm more in the mood for Manatee Monsoon. Those sea cows deserve revenge for all the boats that hit them! They could just rain down and squash folks.

Raylinds and dhoffa85 like this.
  11. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

CLAMBAKE

With the oceans drying up and nowhere left to go -- or is that rising and depositing them on the nation's unprotected shorelines? -- clams have adapted to dry land and hunger for the taste of human flesh. As Mother Nature says, Turnabout's fair play.

Raylinds and 3rd Uncle Bob like this.
  12. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

The only way they will sell me on Sharknado II is if they add some narwhals into the mix.

13. waxtomcat

waxtomcat Forum Resident

SyFy kills me. Aside from the inane spelling of the name, (What's wrong with simply SciFi channel?) I just can't figure out why a channel devoted to science fiction - perhaps the most intelligent and highbrow genre there is - continues to pump out crap like this. BBC America shows more real science fiction (Doctor Who, Star Trek TNG) than this stupid channel.

SyFy has become TLC for geeks.

(Rant over.)

robertawillisjr likes this.
  14. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

And don't forget you can watch wrestling on the SyFy channel.

15. Rachael Bee

That would make sy-sense if it was Wookie wrestling.

Raylinds likes this.
  16. Kate_C.

Kate_C. abyssus abyssum invocat

yeah, after reading a headline on MSNBC, I caught the first 1o minutes of an (apparently serial) encore performance - rubbish, moved on to something remotely entertaining like Sponge Bob reruns...Katie

P.S.: if you haven't yet seen it, "6 Souls" - starring Julianne Moore - is an incredible ghost story...can she pick a script or what?

17. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Maybe they don't want to schedule too many repeats too far ahead, just to keep the buzz going. After watching a very short clip on The Soup (with sharks flying out of the air, a guy flying into a shark's mouth, and then said guy using a chain saw to extract himself from the shark's stomach), I decided Sharknado looked so bad that it might be good. I put it on a Wishlist on my TiVo and just discovered a repeat has been scheduled for this coming Saturday, 7/27.

18. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I just watched last night's repeat on my TiVo, which fortunately allowed me to make it through this two hour show in about a half-hour. Sharknado really is a horrible made-for-TV movie with no redeeming qualities except there were several scenes that made me laugh out loud. Some of the shark attacks are really funny, and some of the dialog that I listened to was so bad it was extremely funny. And I noticed a commercial for an upcoming SyFy movie called Ghost Shark, where the sharks attack people everywhere they get wet (swimming pools, bathtubs, etc). Looks similarly awful.

19. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

20. ssmith3046

I'm not sure I can watch it without Tara. For me she made Sharknado I.

21. He has an agent?

22. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Syfy keeps canceling shows I like (Alphas, Warehouse 13) so my reason to watch the channel continues to decrease. Right now the only Syfy show I watch regularly is Haven and also the Canadian import shows from Showbox (Continuum, Lost Girl).

I never watch these terrible movies, I just don't need a laugh that badly.

23. ssmith3046

GREAT NEWS!!!! Tara has been invited back for Sharknado II. I was going protest by not watching if she was out.

24. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member Thread Starter

Good news. That scene where we get some of Tara's backstory and learn exactly why she hates sharks is pretty much the lynchpin for the whole movie, and any sequel. All the pathos in the film derives from that scene (which is probably the only Emmy-worthy scene in the movie). Without that scene, it would just be a lot of shark killing.

ssmith3046 likes this.
  25. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

Whew -- there were so many unanswered questions in SHARKNADO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.