Anyone watch the FX series The Americans

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by kwadguy, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

Oh yeah, she had virtually nothing to say in that interview. She just kind of laughed at Colbert's questions and gave some flippant response. Very awkward.

2. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

I've skipped to the end of the thread because I just finished watching the first three episodes of this series(rented it). Glad to see that it has its fans; plan to watch more soon-good to hear the way they musically ended that 3rd episode.

3. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Seems Season 2 is coming out December 16. . . but only on DVD? No Blu-ray? DAMN!

4. rjp

rjp Senior Member

anyone know when season 3 starts?

5. Lonson

I just saw an ad yesterday. . . January 28.

6. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I've decided I'm going to binge-watch the next season. There's so much back and forth, double and triple cross intrigue that I find if a week goes by between episodes I forget who is plotting what and who knows what about whom.

7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

The 3rd season is coming back soon. Here's a preview:

This is a low-key kind of show that doesn't get noticed that much, but they've gone into some very interesting directions, plus there's tons of weird twists and surprises (like the fate of the Soviet Embassy girl last year). Now the question is whether the parents are going to tell their 16-year-old daughter the truth about what mom and dad do for a living...

Now that Breaking Bad is off the air, this might be the tensest show on TV at the moment (at least for what I watch). Very weird, quirky, unexpected plots and characters.

Tex_Writer, Craig and chrischerm like this.
  8. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Just bought season 1 on blu-ray, can't wait to dive into it

Craig likes this.
  9. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Loved it from the start. Can't wait to see where the daughter stuff leads.

10. Sadly, season two did not receive a Blu-ray edition.:shake:

11. Lonson

I know. &*^%!

12. sloaches

sloaches Forum Resident

I am really looking forward to the new season starting tonight!

13. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Very psyched for this. This show needs to get much more love from the public.

rogertheshrubber likes this.
  14. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

As long as it doesn't get canceled, I'm cool. Although I wonder how much longer they can sustain the premise as we move farther into the 80s. I do buy that Elizabeth could play on Paige's idealism and pivot her away from Jesus Camp to Junior KGB agent, but I'm not sure they could get more than one season out of that premise. Still the best show on TV until proven otherwise.

15. Lonson

Has to be doing well to an extent. . . NBC has a similar show airing in March.

16. ellingtonic

ellingtonic Forum Resident

After watching the first two episodes I'm hooked. My ex gf is obsessed with it.

17. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Fantastic show, and I never would've predicted they could wring so much out of the plotline. The level of acting in the show by everybody involved is really terrific.

You assume the daughter's character will survive... :sigh: Don't forget the other Soviet family's son didn't make it.

I said the exact same thing: NBC's Allegiance is about a guy out of college who gets a top job with the CIA, and then eventually discovers that his own parents were part of a sleeper cell and may still be enemy agents!

Very interesting premise -- here's a preview:

It looks to me like they're taking the premise of The Americans and then resetting it to 20 years later, as if the kid(s) have grown up and are now adults, but the escapades of the parents continue.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  18. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

Still the best show on TV.

19. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

I totally agree! But is it really that much better than Galavant? ;)

Vidiot likes this.
  20. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member Thread Starter

Hard to say. But if the actor who plays the father decides to leave the show, Ashton Kutcher will be available, since 2.5 Men is over this year. So this show can go on and on.

21. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

That is a joke, right?

22. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

They both are! :p

23. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I'd rather they hire Charlie Sheen. That'd be a very interesting experience -- they can just say that his new face is part of his new disguise.

kwadguy likes this.
  24. Lonson

Boy, I sure did not really need to see that suitcase get loaded. But the two episodes this season have been good ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.