Anyone watching the Barrett Jackson auto auction?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by GuildX700, Jan 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident Thread Starter

On Discovery and Velocity.

I like to have it on in the background muted mostly, lots of great cars, and some cute gals too sometimes.

There's some guy with an amazing collection of over 140 cars and tons of auto-mobila all getting auctioned off. I've now seen a few high end collectors completely sell off collections in the last 2 years, for auto collectors that has to be a bad sign for their collections future prices.

What I really find odd is restored old Bronco's and Toyota Land Cruisers going for $50k+, I don't get it. I do get it a bit, but not at those prices.

tomunbound likes this.
  2. Damien DiAngelo

Damien DiAngelo Forum Resident

I've been watching it a little bit.
    I forget about the cars because I'm distracted by the rear end of the woman putting the SOLD sticker on the windshield. God, I love tight pants.

dr jazz, BGLeduc and FLEMKE like this.
  3. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

Oh, is it this weekend? I thought it was last, and I was out of town. I am drawn to it, but get bored by the number of similar vehicles and sometimes get ill at what has been cut up and rodded. (I'm fine with hot rodding if you're taking an incomplete basket case out, but many of these six figure jobs start with beautifully original cars.)

4. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Senior Member

I watch for 60's muscle cars just to see how much they are fetching.

5. Yes, I will watch from time to time. I watch in spurts like when I eat lunch or dinner but I usually will not directly sit down and watch.
    I do get a bit tired of the coverage. They will focus on 37, 1963 thru 1967 Corvettes while all but completely ignoring some very interesting vehicles in between.

6. seacliffe301

seacliffe301 Forum Resident

Yes, I'm a huge car nut. I DVR them and watch in condensed form.

7. AleYeah

AleYeah Forum Resident

I drool over the vintage VW buses, Toyota Landcruisers and Jeeps occasionally.

8. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

These buyers must have lotsa' excess idle cash

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.