Apple’s new music streaming service (Apple Music) *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by segue, Jun 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. segue

segue Psychoacoustic Member Thread Starter

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  2. Smiths22

Smiths22 Well-Known Member

Enjoy hippies, the future is here!!!! :biglaugh:

I'm joking. :wave:

Ios 8.4 won't be released today apparently but until the end of this month. Hope the service will be available world wide and they offer lossless streams that would be nice.

Have the ipad air 2 ready for streaming the event! 1 hour more to go...

MikaelaArsenault and Rockos like this.
  3. FlatulentDonkey

FlatulentDonkey Forum Resident

Just what the world needs, another streaming service

4. Smiths22

5. Scopitone

Scopitone Caught the last train for the coast

If it's combined with iTunes Match, as I expect, then it will offer what only Google currently offers amongst the major streaming services (I think): The ability to upload your own songs and stream them alongside the subscription music. For people that stream but also have things that aren't available in standard services, it's the best of both worlds. And when my phone service is up for renewal later this year, I could see myself going back to Apple and getting a 6s or whatever is out then.

6. Smiths22

Remember: Live streaming video requires Safari 6.0.5 or later on OS X v10.8.5 or later; Safari on iOS 6.0 or later. Streaming via Apple TV requires second- or third-generation Apple TV with software 6.2 or later.

So no Windows or Androids here, Bloody Apple! :realmad:

[​IMG]

Take a look at those seats, it remembers me the Samsung Galaxy s6 presentation...as big as that.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  7. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

Surprise, surprise! Apple wants you to use Apple kit. Who would have guessed?
    Unless Windows 10 is a success, I won't be surprised if eventually Apple phases out iTunes on Windows.

8. Smiths22

LOL they wish! That would only alienate themselves.

However if i were them i would ban the Spotify app since today... but then be prepared to be sued by the anti trust monopolies...they can't do certain things..

9. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

Apple makes great devices and software (for the most part) but other than iTunes, their forays into music (Ping, iTunes Match, etc) have been total crap. I have less than zero interest in this and foresee it being another failure in the music space for Apple. And I say this is a massive Apple fanboy: I own iPhones, iPods, iPads, iMacs...I love their computers and devices but that's it.

10. Smiths22

Today's announcement is pretty pretty important IMO. The new Apple service is gonna displace completely Spotify and bury even more cd sales, physical in general.

Apple is the only company as far as i know that gets exclusive bonus tracks for their store, also if they offer lossless streams that's gonna change the rules of the game even more..

MikaelaArsenault and Scopitone like this.
  11. jordanlolss

jordanlolss Forum Resident

Criticize them all you want, but Apple pretty much dominates the MP3 market.. Them getting into a Spotify like streaming service could be huge.. If they do it right, I could definitely see me switching from Spotify to them.

12. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Lots of musicians being spotted (Trent Reznor, will.i.am, Dr. Dre) as people are seated for the keynote, so the streaming service is definitely coming today.

13. Scopitone

Not to mention how much Spotify have frakked up their desktop software in recent months - making it almost impossible to sync local mp3s to your devices in anything at all conveniently. iTunes for sure won't have that problem.

MikaelaArsenault and jordanlolss like this.
  14. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

agree on the Spotify syncing issues. But iTunes has been such a bloated mess in recent years that I absolutely hate using it. If not for managing my iPod with it, I'd never use it. I've no interest in an Apple streaming service unless iTunes gets a much needed overhaul.

15. C. Cushman

C. Cushman Forum Resident

Prediction : competing streaming services with different exclusive content will start to erode streaming as a whole. It depends on how the record labels approach this.
    I, for one, do not like Apple getting into the streaming game as I do not like their business approach. Time will tell.

MikaelaArsenault and DrBeatle like this.
  16. Raf

Raf Senior Member

Apple TVs work fine with Windows.

17. Scopitone

The BEATS guys, right?

Beats Music had things available that spotify doesn't, too - I know that some Joan Jett and Chris Robinson albums were on there, for instance. And the Grateful Dead road trips were all divided into albums with their own artwork (unlike the spotify version, with is just one giant box-set style). Point being that in a lot of ways, Beats had a better library. And Apple's version will likely be even better.

It won't have Spotify's social integration, though, which will be enough for some people - including me at various times - to come back to spotify. And it probably won't scrobble on portable devices, since Beats didn't.

18. Smiths22

it almost starts! :pineapple:

19. jordanlolss

jordanlolss Forum Resident

Let's also not forget that Apple has the exclusive rights to The Beatles digital catalog.. Perhaps The Beatles will finally be able to be streamed?

20. Smiths22

OSX el capitán, ha ha, no mameis!

Why Rick Astley God? why??

21. Raf

Raf Senior Member

Are you all right?

22. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

They couldn't even get Beats off the ground. I'm not worried about Spotify. Too many people are using it, too many people have their invested time into it, it doesn't do social media, etc.

23. Smiths22

I'm falling asleep....all that blah blah blah apple pay, osx...:o

24. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

Instead of all this technological doodadery, I wish we still had this:

25. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

I still want to listen to music even if i am abroad or outside decent coverage. My iPod classic stays in service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.