Appreciating Nirvana's "Nevermind" Over 25 Years Later: Immense Seller-- POLL:

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Psychedelic Good Trip, Feb 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere Thread Starter

When Spirit and Evenflow came out I was saying to myself "what powerful songs".

2. nojmplease

nojmplease Host, You Can't Unhear This

Great to see such a balanced set of picks in the poll. Sign of a really well-crafted album. I imagine PJ's Ten would have a similar spread.

3. Psychedelic Good Trip

Polly is not doing as well as the other tracks but I'm glad it's getting some love.

4. pez

pez Forum Resident

Lol no staying power, really?

Psychedelic Good Trip and éder like this.
  5. Psychedelic Good Trip

:DLike this one to.

enro99 likes this.
  6. Psychedelic Good Trip

Love Polly live.

iworkatinitech likes this.
  7. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Even the B-Sides are great. :)

8. Psychedelic Good Trip

Love the B sides.

drasil likes this.
  9. tmoore

tmoore Forum Resident

I'm similar in that I was also raised on '60s-'70s music, and I didn't notice Nevermind right away.

What hooked me was "Come As You Are". I remember it being sometime in 1992. Once I got the CD I realized I already knew Smells Like Teen Spirit, but I had to hear it to make that realization --- didn't recognize that song from the title (not a surprise).

Grant and Psychedelic Good Trip like this.
  10. Psychedelic Good Trip

11. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Oh that's right, I forgot they played that live! :righton:

12. Psychedelic Good Trip

Looked for it on the Tube and got lucky.

13. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

If you have the original CD with the original Jack Endino mix I think that's worth a bit now, the reissues had something made to sound like Nevermind.

andy75 and Psychedelic Good Trip like this.
  14. Psychedelic Good Trip

15. Psychedelic Good Trip

16. ronm

ronm audiofreak

I think ones age at the time makes a big dif as to whether you liked or didn't give two $hits about it.I was thirty in"91 so like I said my tastes were already cut but I wasn't old enough to not care. In fact after all that mid late 80s hair metal I was ready for a change.I dug the grunge movement to some degree.

Grant and Psychedelic Good Trip like this.
  17. James5001

James5001 Forum Resident

It's ok but over-produced to my ears, my go-to Nirvana albums will always be Bleach, In Utero & Incesticide

DTK and Psychedelic Good Trip like this.
  18. andy75

andy75 Forum Resident

I do have a French Tupelo pressing with the original mix that sounds perfect!

Psychedelic Good Trip likes this.
  19. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I think that was Kurt's problem with the album too. That's why he wanted In Utero to be more raw.

20. Psychedelic Good Trip

21. Tanx

Tanx Forum Resident

It came out at just the right time for me. Most of my favorite bands had either just broken up or were past their peak. Nevermind was like a shot in the arm and really restored my faith for the next few years.

A friend had gotten an advance copy, and for a few days, we just sat around playing and replaying the intro to Teen Spirit. Please don't remind me that those fun times were 25 years ago, though.

Nirvana was also the first huge band whose members were truly my peers, so that was kind of cool even though I was past "scenes" at that point.

22. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

A pirated cassette from Poland (note the warning telling people that copying this pirated copy is illegal....). I like the yellow and the colors in the "Nirvana" and "Nevermind" logos they picked.

[​IMG]

éder and Psychedelic Good Trip like this.
  23. Psychedelic Good Trip

Nice

24. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

25. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

A great article about when the Smells Like Teen Spirit video premiered on MTV.

Nirvana's 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' Video: Behind The MTV Premiere

I remember that in August of 1991 I had not heard of Nirvana. By October of 1991 I thought they were one of the greatest bands I'd heard up to that point. I forgot what a huge impact that video had on me.

éder and Psychedelic Good Trip like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.