Arcade Fire - Everything Now (2017 album)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by LarsO, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Boswell

Boswell Forum Resident

Oh, then they're worse than I thought! Thks

ToneLa likes this.
  2. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather see someone playing something as simple as the tambourine with enthusiasm than just standing there looking bored and tapping along. ;)

The_Windmill and fourfeathers like this.
  3. fourfeathers

fourfeathers Forum Resident

Arcade Fire have always been theatrical as **** on stage. I guess it's not for everyone, but as someone who sees hundreds of shows a year, I appreciate when performers put on a SHOW!

4. George Co-Stanza

Agreed. Musicians have fun on stage is infectious and almost always gets a live crowd more into a show. Every time I have ever seen the Flaming Lips, it is like a party on stage, and the crowd always eats up every bit of it.

5. As well as that "red-haired guy" (Richard Reed Parry) being their main guitar-wrangler (who has defined the band's signature sound as much as Win or Régine has), a tasteful double bass player and a recognized composer (seriously!) with a number of performed works under his belt. He can tap a mean tambourine for sure but he is imo inarguably the most talented musician in the band by far.

Will makes me laugh though I certainly understand why he annoys some. I saw him a couple of years ago in a small club touring behind his solo album and he rose in my esteem a bit from that. Came in, set up his gear along with his bandmates on the usual postage stamp-sized stage and his guitar kept falling off the strap - he was a champ and plowed through the set, switching between guitar and keyboards with loads of infectious energy. Hearing him on his own gave me more appreciation for what he brings to the table in AF (even if he can often act as goofy as hell). Ditto seeing Sarah Neufeld and Jeremy Gara opening for St.Vincent....

It's not Arcade Fire without any one of them...though will admit Will might be the most expendable!

6. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Forum Resident

For a few years I've been wondering if Win Butler has pulled a Coldplay(now 50/17/17/17) and demanded an unequal revenue split in his favor.

7. fourfeathers

fourfeathers Forum Resident

I would be shocked if he hasn't. And I mean that in a positive way.

ConnieGuitar likes this.
  8. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Forum Resident

So maybe Win/Rene get 50% and the other 4 core member including Will Butler get 12.5% each?

Sarah was core member 2006-2013 but is now a non-core member.

9. George Co-Stanza

That's the quickest way to tear a band apart. I get that not every band can be like Rush (who split everything evenly three ways no matter what), especially if a band is one where one or two people do most or all of the songwriting, but when you start worrying too much about grabbing a bigger slice of the cash pie, that rarely ends well.

10. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

Finally got my free cd's that came with the September concert tickets. Nice idea, but not very timely.

GentleSenator likes this.