"Archer" (FX)...Still Watching?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Planbee, Jun 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie Thread Starter

There's a couple other Archer threads, but both have been closed. Never quite understood why some old threads have been locked while other ancient ones live on, but whatever.

I kinda lost touch with the show the last few years, but picked up the S5 Archer Vice DVD last week (Barnes & Noble has it 40% off the $19.99 list) and really enjoyed it. This week, Target has the S6 DVD for only $10. I bought it and watched the opener...really good start. After I finish S6, I have the recently-concluded seventh season on my DVR.

Anyone else still a fan?

2. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Definitely still a fan, and all caught up to current. It's not as laugh-out-loud funny as the earlier seasons IMHO, but it's still pretty great.

Oh - I do miss "phrasing" as an ongoing gag, though.

3. Planbee

It was amusing how Sterling spent most of S5 wondering why they weren't using "phrasing" anymore. Such as right after Cherlene said "who's been drilling my box?", after the box she was hiding in was shot at.

EDIT: it's on YouTube:

MikaelaArsenault and jriems like this.
  4. DLeet

DLeet Forum Resident

am a fan. the started losing it in vice but got back into form with seasons 6 and 7

MikaelaArsenault and Strummergas like this.
  5. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Well, it looks like the 3 of us can continue to enjoy watching it. :laugh:

6. Raylinds

Raylinds Resident Lake Surfer

Love it, but am a little behind. I need to catch up!

7. Planbee

:laugh:

I binged a ton of S6 last night (not hard to do with the episodes barely hitting 21 minutes, and not even THAT sometimes), and it's a great season so far. Being Lana's baby daddy has changed Archer. Well, to the extent that Archer CAN change (haha). The last episode I watched was where the staff tries to break up Archer and Lana's brief romance by bringing in cyborg Katja from the old days to seduce Archer. The ep ends with Lana asking why there's lady parts (I think we're actually not allowed to say the v-word around here, it'll just show up as ******) in the sink. :laugh:

MikaelaArsenault and jriems like this.
  8. Damien DiAngelo

Damien DiAngelo Forum Resident

I have a crappy family.
    I've had this show set on our DVR since the very first season. They know not to touch the recordings. So I thought.
    I watched the first episode this season. After a few weeks, I went to watch a few more, and someone erased them all. Of course, no one knows who did it.
    Eventually, I'll track 'em down. Look forward to watching. I love the show.

9. You should hire the Figgus Agency to look in to that.

10. Damien DiAngelo

Damien DiAngelo Forum Resident

Yeah, no. I think I'll avoid them. :)

Part of my disappointment is that I did see the first few minutes of episode #2. Something came up, so I had to stop watching.
    I know it ties into the first episode, and I know they screwed up. I was (and still am) looking forward to seeing what happens.

11. PhilJol

PhilJol Forum Resident

I lost interest this year but will probably catch the episodes at some point

12. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Absolutely. Still love it!

13. Planbee

Funny how Jessica Walter's characters have an obsession with the weight of their granddaughters. First, Lucille with Maeby in Arrested Development and now in S6 of Archer with Abbiejean. Probably just a coincidence, but amusing to me anyway.

14. dynamicalories

dynamicalories Forum Resident

I thought Archer Vice was the most hilarious season yet. But all of them have been great.

MikaelaArsenault and Planbee like this.
  15. bare trees

bare trees Senior Member

I first got into the show in 2012 when it showed up on Netflix Canada. I've been a fan ever since.

16. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

I love Archer! This newest season was consistently funny, as usual. My favorite seasons are the first 3 but they are all great

17. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Yeah still watching. My fave episode is the one that Pam gets kidnapped and Cyril uses the voice changer, that scene always makes me laugh out loud.

Just waiting for the next season to arrive on Netflix.

18. old4mat

old4mat Forum Resident

I've been binge watching as many clips via YouTube as possible, and enjoying every second. (I don't get FX) Can't believe they are on season 7 already!!
    I will say this: everything I've seen has made me laugh (or at the very least, put a smile on my face) all of the characters are great! Sterling and Lana have a great dynamic, Krieger is a RIOT! And oh yeah... I love Pam!! :)

19. Planbee

Archer renewed for three 8-episode seasons. I get that the traditional American model of 22-24 episodes per season often led to filler, but where will the trend toward shorter seasons end?! I foresee lavish praise being heaped upon showrunners in the near future for delivering tight, filler-free 3-episode seasons. :laugh:

Archer (FX) - Season 7 Thread - premieres 3/31/16 - Page 2 - DVD Talk Forum »

LOS ANGELES, June 21, 2016 – The hit animated comedy series Archer has been renewed for three more seasons, it was announced today by Nick Grad and Eric Schrier, Presidents of Original Programming, FX Networks and FX Productions. Archer will return for an eight-episode season 8 in early 2017, followed by two additional eight-episode seasons. FX Networks has also reached a new overall production deal with Floyd County Productions.

“We can’t say enough about what Adam, Matt and the entire Archer team at Floyd County have done to keep this series so insanely funny and vital through seven seasons,” said Grad. “The move to Los Angeles this past season as private detectives was just the latest twist in Archer’s legendary exploits and the next three seasons will to be just as amazing and unpredictable. We are thrilled to continue making great TV with our friends and colleagues at Floyd County.”

MikaelaArsenault and junk like this.
  20. DLeet

DLeet Forum Resident

Vice so far is the worst season. Pam there is so annoying, I am still waiting for her to be killed off. That's how much she irritated me with om-nom-noming the precious cocaine. Ugh. Seasons 6 and especially 7 were great. Upset though that Season 8 is just well "Dreamland." Hard to be engage when you know that none of it would matter in the end.

21. And if it's all a dream in Archer's mind, why would there be scenes between characters when he isn't present?

I know, it's just a cartoon...

MikaelaArsenault and junk like this.
  22. junk

junk Hellion

I just stumbled across this show late last year while channel surfing. It's hilarious. Been watching it ever since.

23. will_b_free

will_b_free Forum Resident

I'm a few seasons behind, but I get the BluRays (or now, the download since Fox stopped releasing BluRays) for later.

24. DLeet

DLeet Forum Resident

Well, there's only one scene so far, right? Which is introductory basically.

Another thing I thought of is that the show was slightly kicked off the tracks when they couldn't use ISIS agency anymore. And it's good that Reed tries to mix it up and evolve but at times he seems lost about what to do with the story next. Hence we get these season long de-tours without consequences.

25. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Aisha Tyler is really funny as Lana. I like her a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.