Are you listening to German Prog , Psych , Space , Krautrock , Electronic , etc. ?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Scope J, Nov 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

If that means vinyl originals will come down in price, I'm all for it!

2. Tom M

Tom M Forum Resident

Synthetik 1 - Seesselberg

3. Svetonio

Svetonio Forum Resident

4. Crimson Witch

Crimson Witch Roll across the floor thru the hole & out the door

ᴍʏᴛʜıᴄ sᴜɴsʜıᴘ
    upc : 5024545829020
    "Another Shape of Psychedelic Music"
    (2018 El Paraiso CD )

Danish cosmic jazz-rock band Mythic Sunship has released their much-anticipated 2018 CD "Another Shape of Psychedelic Music", on the tiny El Paraiso record label. These young musicians create fearless, epic soundscapes that draw influences from 1960s blues-rock, kozmigroov jazz-fusion and ’70s prog, amalgamated in an improvisational, avant-garde hybrid. Their band name hearkens back to album titles by John Coltrane and Sun Ra, and aptly so ~ the quintet shares a similar sense of fierce exploration with that of the masters of vintage cosmic jazz. Frederik Denning’s implacable drumming and Rasmus Christensen’s Sabbath-esque basslines add relentless energy to a pyre of blazing dual lead guitars that Kasper Stougaard Andersen and Emil Thorenfeldt deliver with rare artistry, akin to the sonic attack of the MC5. Miles Davis’ landmark ‘Bitches Brew’ is about the closest musical comparison in terms of sheer inventiveness to which this album might be likened. Recorded in the winter of 2017 with producer/musician Jonas Munk of Causa Sui, "Another Shape of Psychedelic Music" finds Mythic Sunship continuing to evolve within the mesmeric framework of post-millenial euro-psych. With the addition of saxophonist Søren Skov, a 'school-of-Coltrane' protégé whose solos weave through the prodigious grooves adding an incalculable surrealism to their sound, the group’s formidable talents unfold through passages of shade and phosphorescence, spontaneously bursting into a war-machine eruption of heavy metal brutality with a level of pioneering immediacy that leads the listener deep into the unexpected.
    [​IMG]

5. Crimson Witch

Crimson Witch Roll across the floor thru the hole & out the door

Unsure of the future for Kraftwerk* in light of the coming A.I. music industry, I'd be willing to place a wager that interest in Amon Duul II and CLuster along with several other top Krautrock bands will continue to wax and wane in the collector's market. Generally speaking it seems as though each generation makes its discovery of the history of modern 20th century music in different ways~ certainly from different perspectives. Like classical music of the renaissance, exposure and immersion flow along a continuum over the ages. The beauty of the discovery of modern music is that we have, in most cases, recordings which capture the composers themselves performing it. Priceless artifacts that are like museum pieces waiting to be discovered again and again.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    zphage likes this.
  6. Svetonio

Svetonio Forum Resident

7. Svetonio

Svetonio Forum Resident

8. Svetonio

Svetonio Forum Resident

9. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

I recently got the kraftwerk box, do they count?

Scope J likes this.
  10. bzfgt

bzfgt The Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Yes.

Scope J and mark winstanley like this.
  11. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member Thread Starter

12. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

good Lord, I don't know much about them, but I just looked on wiki to check them out and they have a hundred and fifty eight albums and thirty or forty soundtracks .... good grief ... how many albums is Steven Wilson going to do, that's a lifetime project right there

bzfgt likes this.
  13. Scope J

14. sort of, the plinky casio sounding sing songy stuff gets let in because of Ralf and Florian's earlier endeavors, they get to stand in the vestibule leading to the great hall of kosmische;)

mark winstanley likes this.
  15. Scope J

16. Scope J

17. Scope J

18. Scope J

19. Scope J

20. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

My favorite Kraftwerk album :love:

rtalwani and Scope J like this.
  21. Scope J

np:
    [​IMG]

Mad shadows and tug_of_war like this.
  22. Scope J

23. Scope J

np:
    [​IMG]

tug_of_war likes this.
  24. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway Curated Iconic Half-Speed Picture Disc

Yeah. I still see kids as young as around 13 looking at stuff like the VU and Bowie, but some Amon Düül II, Cluster, Popol Vuh etc just sits there in recent times. I don’t go in London’s record stores often these days so I can tell what’s still sitting there! Nobody is ever looking in the German sections in the Soho used shops when I go in them.

zphage likes this.
  25. Travadinho

Travadinho Forum Resident

Hurakan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.