Are you satisfied with your hifi system?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Airbus, Nov 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

I'm really glad to have the equipment I have now. It's all perfect for me.

Someday... some different speakers maybe. My present 2 pair of speakers sound good. I'm in no hurry for any replacements.

All sounds good... good enough.

2. LitHum05

LitHum05 El Disco es Cultura

3. royzak2000

royzak2000 Senior Member

I was really happy then I run out of cash. My EAR amp started doing odd things, a friend said he could fix it, think he has finished it.
    My Koetsu cartridge ran out of steam, I can not go back, but I am now enjoying music with a decade old PS3 and a Pioneer home cinema amp donated by my son, Playing through Sonus-Fabers.
    My EAR CD player won't for some reason play through the Pioneer.

4. Mad shadows

Mad shadows Forum Resident

Very much. My last to purchases have really brought things together (ortofon SPU Classic GM E MKII & Fidelity research FR64s)

5. ukrules

ukrules Forum Resident

Excellent choice!

Bananas&blow and Dennis0675 like this.
  6. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

Satisfied with my system? Not after looking at the post pics of your rooms/spaces thread. Come on powerball...daddy needs a new set of mono block tube thingies...

7. ukrules

ukrules Forum Resident

Computers! :cussing:

Ham Sandwich likes this.
  8. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Not really, but it's alright until I get a house and more money coming in. I've had my system since the 80's. I have a small Crown pre-amp, tuner, and power and, and Frazier "Thing"speakers, 2 Nak cassette recorders, CR-7 & 680ZX, Denon CD player, and a B&O 3404 TT.

9. ukrules

ukrules Forum Resident

My bank account reminds me I am satisfied :sigh:

Meanwhile, I have no right to be unsatisfied, though. I am lucky to have a complete "listening floor" in the basement. There lies the main plus office systems. :righton:

10. caupina

caupina Forum Resident

I fully enjoy what I have now and I know as most would agree that's there's always room for improvements but i don't lose any sleep over it ;)

mds likes this.
  11. Spin Doctor

Spin Doctor Forum Resident

My system is pretty firmly in vintage hi fi land. The only thing less than 25 years old is the amp, but I like it and don't plan to change anything.

[​IMG]

12. DPM

DPM Senior Member

Update:
    I'm satisfied now. I've added a Lyra Kleos cart, and I'm happy with my vinyl setup. The same goes for my digital disk replay, the amplification chain, the loudspeakers, power conditioning, cabling and room acoustic treatments. So, for all intents and purposes, I'm done upgrading.

However, there is one piece of the puzzle that is missing, and that is high resolution file playback. As I'm going to resume digitizing my vinyl I want to add some kind of media server. I'm in no rush, so I'll probably spend the better part of 2018 researching.

Diskhound and wgriel like this.
  13. The system yes but not the room in which it resides. Unfortunately, short of moving there is nothing I can do about that.

Manimal and mds like this.
  14. John Schofield

John Schofield There is no replacement for displacement

I am satisfied but always curious about “what if...?”. I feel very fortunate to have assembled the rig I now have in place over a period of many years and upgrades along the way ( although I recognize it’s modest by many standards). I love the sound it makes, especially since diving back into vinyl a few years back. I’m also fortunate to have a wife that has never questioned the appearance of a new piece of gear, or box appearing on the front porch. Maybe it’s good she “doesn’t even like finished basements”!!

mds likes this.
  15. Kristofa

Kristofa Enthusiast of small convenient sound carrier units

I am enjoying mine immensely... but I must admit I am tube curious.

16. tvstrategies

tvstrategies Turtles, all the way down.

Corn? In whisky? Pshaw! Single malts produce the best (perception of) sound quality.

17. ShallowMemory

ShallowMemory Classical Princess

Very satisfied with mine from the last improvement upgrading cd and adding sacd replay so not looking unless circumstances permit of any major changes in the near feature outside the odd tweak in room layouts.

18. weavzy

weavzy Needle Dropper

I just sat in my bean bag and had a beer in front of my system, while listening to Charles Rouse 2 is 1 on vinyl. Now i class my system as modest. Its taken me a few years to get it together, had to sell some guitars to fund it, but there are no regrets.

As i sipped my beer, i was taken back to a hifi show i went to in Melbourne in October. Heard a lot of systems there. Very expensive ones.

Id put my system up against most of them.

Im not only satisfied with my system, Im deeply in love with it. I see (hear) no weak links and cant find a single thing I'd upgrade.

Theres no doubt members on here that would sneer at what i have, but I'm beyond happy with it. All i have to worry about is buying records. Sweet sweet records.

19. schugh

schugh Forum Resident

yes very much so.

20. Potential Energy

Potential Energy Forum Resident

Yep, I’m good. Speaker upgrade in December locked it in for me and shows off the rest of the components:
    Rega RP8
    Sumiko Pearwood Celebration 2
    Parasound JC3+
    Leben CS300XS (w/ NOS Mullard tubes)
    DeVore O/93

Bananas&blow likes this.
  21. Postercowboy

Postercowboy Forum Resident

I‘m totally satisfied with my system right now. Which does not mean I wouldn‘t be window shipping from time to time...

Newton John likes this.
  22. Newton John

Newton John Forum Resident

I agree. I am completely satisfied with my system even though I know technology has moved on in some areas. That I could upgrade if money was no object doesn't detract from the pleasure of listening. It's all about enjoying the music not being desperate to be at the cutting edge gear wise.

23. Claude Benshaul

Claude Benshaul Forum Resident

I'd better be after all the expenses and changes I went through during 2017, otherwise my SO will be satisfied that sadly I passed away in my sleep during the night sometime during 2018 because somehow my face got stuck under a pillow.

Kristofa likes this.
  24. Gibsonian

Gibsonian Forum Resident

Yes, quite satisfied but in the words of Michael Schenker; But I want more...............

25. allied333

allied333 Audiophile

I am close to fully satisfied. Perhaps a speaker upgrade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.