Aren't there any integrated with PROPER subwoofer connections? And why not?!?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by head_unit, Oct 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arglebargle

arglebargle Forum Resident

Sounds like a similar setup, especially the limited space. And I do like to feel it, and having that control. Even without the crossover, being able to make slight adjustments to bass volume is a boon. Thinking about the kind of floorstanders I might have got for the price of the Emit M10, the Skylan stands, the sub ... hmm. Nah, I'm happy.

The Pinhead likes this.
  2. basie-fan

basie-fan Forum Resident

Yes be happy! Most subs can provide tight bass below 30 Hz but to get that kind of bass in a floorstander would either cost a bundle or have big cabinets (or both).

The Pinhead and arglebargle like this.
  3. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member Thread Starter

Yes, my friend wanted the 5" model since it is smaller, to put on top of a shelf or desk. His apartment situation doesn't let him crank much so it could be OK, but for any real weight you need more than a five inch woofer.

4. arglebargle

5. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member Thread Starter

Mmm, good catch! 30 actual watts per side as tested by Sound & Vision. Which is probably quite adequate for anything my friend is going to do. And flexible bass management it seems.

6. arglebargle

Bumping to report that Outlaw is refreshing the RR2150 as the RR2160. Looking forward to hearing some reviews, it addresses a bunch of the shortcomings of the dated (but still wonderful sounding) 2150: digital inputs both coax and optical, some kind of network connectivity, HD-Radio capability along with the AM/FM of its predecessor, and a more capable 192/24 Burr Brown DAC. Probably some other features I'm forgetting. Slightly more power on tap and looks as if the bass management has gone unchanged. Kinda too bad on that one, I would have loved to see a graduated dial capable of "in between" settings, rather than the same three-position 60/80/100 setup. If it's everything it seems though, the preorder price of $799 is quite reasonable. Details are available at outlaw.com.

No affiliation of course. Personally I'm happy enough with the 2150 and not really in a position to upgrade after only a year, but it's nice to see this much needed update and another viable option for those who want bass management in their integrated. I'll be watching for reviews of the fit and finish etc as the 2150 is not without its issues.

RR2160 Stereo Receiver

7. Bubbamike

Bubbamike Forum Resident

Just buy the Halo. It will satisfy for many years to come. The only thing it lacks is a tape loop.

Manimal likes this.
  8. Doc Diego

Doc Diego Forum Resident

The Parasound Classic 2100 is a great sounding preamp with useful bass management. I use mine with a tube amp to power the monitors. Well worth the reasonable price.

Manimal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.