"Arrested Development" Thread (Other threads were archived)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by nukevor, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nukevor

nukevor Active Member Thread Starter

Apparently, both of these threads were archived, so I figure I'd start a new one.

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=28167&highlight=arrested+development

and

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=34612&highlight=arrested+development
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    I love this show but my busy schedule makes it impossible for me to see the whole season from start to finish (don't have a VCR or TiVO).

It looks like I caught the season finale tonight. I'm hoping it gets picked up for a 3rd season. If not, another network should pick it up.
    ###​

2. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

Arrested Development might be the funniest, smartest show on the air right now. I'm with you, I really want a third season but the ratings just haven't been there. It's probably the most critically acclaimed show on the air right now. We'll know in a few weeks, and hey, if the renewal of Family Guy is an indication, miracles do happen in TV land!

3. bldg blok

bldg blok Forum Resident

IMO, this show DEMANDS a DVR or archival of some sort since things happen so rapid fire that it's easy to miss things. I TiVo it and I'll still find things I missed on threads about the show on the TiVo Community forums. But, the best resource is http://the-op.com/. You can find episode transcripts, galleries, and lots of good stuff related to "Arrested Development". Heck, they even sell a "cornballer" in their "Shop" section. ;)

4. Steve-oh

Steve-oh Senior Member

This show is almost too good for a TV world where Pam Anderson stars in a show called "Stacked." Wonder which one will get renewed ...

5. bare trees

bare trees Senior Member

Let's face it. This show came out 5 years two late. Had it been on in the late 90's, it would have done at lot better. Unfortunately, the scourge that is reality tv has taken over.

6. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

AD will be back...even Fox wouldn't cancel a show that just won the Emmy for best comedy series.

7. bldg blok

bldg blok Forum Resident

That's what I'm hoping Patrick, that the prestige angle will win out over the ratings angle. I understand that AD's rating are comparable to Malcolm In The Middle's. That might have to do with MITM's time slot change. I really wish FOX would sandwich AD between The Simpsons and MITM.

8. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I like Arrested Development a lot but I feel they've gotten a little carried away with referencing earlier episodes of the show. I can't imagine how new viewers would ever get into it. And I think there is a fine line between referencing earlier jokes and repeating them.

9. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

I think it is the funniest show on television, bar none, since Walker Texas Ranger went off the air, and AD has the added benefit of being funny on purpose. :thumbsup: There are plenty of jokes for the attentive viewer to laugh at in each episode, while the references to previous episodes are like the cherry on the sundae for long-term viewers.

Regards,

10. bldg blok

bldg blok Forum Resident

I don't know if you've seen it on his show or if you're a fan at all, but one of my favorite moments on 'Late Night with Conan O'Brien' is when they pull out the 'Walker, Texas Ranger' lever and show random clips from the show now that NBC owns the rights. If he did it every night, that would be just fine with me.

11. nukevor

nukevor Active Member Thread Starter

I think this Friday, FOX is showing the last episodes of AD as a marathon. Anybody here have any other news on this?

12. GoldenBoy

GoldenBoy Purple People Eater

13. bldg blok

bldg blok Forum Resident

Up against the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics. Could there be a more certain kiss of death? C'mon Showtime!

14. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

I'm gonna watch in my $5000 suit. C'mon! :righton:

15. Steve-oh

Steve-oh Senior Member

Has anyone else seen the commercials for an upcoming Fox show (can't remember the name, sorry) that looks like it's similar to Arrested Development, except way more lame? Some show about an average guy who returns to his hometown and deals with all his bizarro friends and family members?

Watching those commercials makes me wonder why they'd cancel AD and put on this show.

16. Jason Brown

Jason Brown Forum Resident

If AD couldn't sustain an audience, it makes me wonder if I'm the type of person who should be watching TV at all. It was just about the only show I ever watched. If a show like The War at Home (or Stacked, or possibly the one you mention above) lasts for any length of time, I think I'll have proved I shouldn't.

17. bldg blok

bldg blok Forum Resident

You're justified to question it Jason. I just got back from a Google search and the show that FOX replaced "Arrested Development" with, "Skating With Celebrities", scored a Nielsen ranking of 12th for the week ending Jan. 22. Makes me sick to my stomach.

18. Jason Brown

Jason Brown Forum Resident

But dude. . .There's skating AND celebrities!

19. bldg blok

bldg blok Forum Resident

Yeah, I know. Shiny things. ;)

20. whaaat

whaaat LT Fanatic

:biglaugh:

21. GoldenBoy

GoldenBoy Purple People Eater

I'm slow. I didn't catch that until you replied to it. :wave: :laugh:

22. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

I'm gonna watch wearing my shemale original.

23. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Okay, BOTH Nellies hitting on Michael I did not see coming. "I'm not attracted to older women." :laugh:

Just way, WAY too many hysterical lines to quote.

Great ending, can't wait for the season three DVDs.

24. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

This goes with Newhart as one of the best series enders ever.

25. whaaat

whaaat LT Fanatic

Just finished watching the last 4, I miss it already. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.