"Arrested Development" Thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by nukevor, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

How do you know how it ends if you've only watched up to season 2? Or are you re-watching it?

2. duse

duse Senior Member

A reminder that Arrested Development (Pilot) begins tonight on HDNET at 10:00 Eastern.

3. pcain

pcain Forum Resident

I'm part-way through the first disc of the Season 3 right now. I was given the Season 1 DVD set as a gift, and was hooked at the pilot! I've been ploughing through all three seasons as time allows over the past couple of weeks. The show is so funny that I've been watching 5 or 6 episodes in one sitting. I can't believe that FOX did such a rotten job of promoting the show. I couldn't even tell you what night and time it aired. What a shame that it's off the air. GOB leaves me in stitches... I just saw the episode where he drugs himself... comedy gold! Great, great show! I think this will be one for the ages.

4. nukevor

nukevor Active Member Thread Starter

As much as I love this series, I'm holding off on any DVD purchases of "AD." My gut tells me this holiday season they'll release "The Complete Series" in some box set type deal.

5. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

The HD Net broadcast of the first two episodes looked great. It seemed to be a real 5.1 mix as well. My LFE meter was bouncing up and down periodically. Not that the pro-logic mixes on the DVDs were lacking or improved upon all that greatly...

Regards,

6. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Maybe they'll just shrink-wrap the three existing boxes together and knock $5off the price, but that's probably just an underhanded way of selling off boxes with damaged covers.

You can get all three seasons for about $20 each right now. How much more do you expect to save?

And, besides, what if they DO repackage a complete set and Portia de Rossi comes over to your house and sees that you didn't buy the first editions? She'll think you're not a real fan and be offended. You don't want Portia de Rossi to be angry at you, do you?

Why would you want to do that?

7. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

The road to Aaron Spelling's throne is paved with the souls of much higher caliber cancelled shows.

8. Hey yeah, I just checked. It plays every weekday at 11:00AM on G4 channel.
    Cool.

9. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

I hear she's 110 lbs. of Superfly TNT when she's angry. ;)

Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.