Article: The False Prophets of High-Resolution Audio

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by vinyl4287, Sep 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinyl4287

vinyl4287 Member Thread Starter

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
  2. T'mershi Duween

T'mershi Duween Forum Resident

3. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

I agree with Hans that the shape is very problematic. I've said that here a few times. Convenience is very important for most people.

However, Ayre is a smart design team. They may be building a slim model for all we know already.

Another observation is that we need to keep the learning from iTunes in mind. Apple built the entire ecosystem for convenience. The customer experience is very plug in, download, and play. Pono needs to do that. Then Apple kept shrinking the device. Toblerone is not shrinking the device.

vinyl4287 likes this.
  4. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

More Pino pre-hate. The scapegoating rhetoric really bugs me — "false prophets" here, but there are lots of people crying "scam" and "snake oil" and "dishonest marketing." And eagerly predicting/hoping Pono fails. We'll see.

Not that the Harman video doesn't need rebutting. This is the best one:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/its-masters-damit

5. vinyl4287

vinyl4287 Member Thread Starter

My opinion on Pono, which means squat, is that it is a day late. I think it's a bunch of sheltered industry folks reacting way too late. Beats is way ahead of them with their music streaming services already. PONO should of put all their energy and resources into a revolutionary streaming service. I think that's the future of music, not hi-res.

Build your nest, make money and gain some market-- then go for that hi-res. SADLY, I think Pono I'd dead out of this gate and if they're lucky they will last 3 years.

6. Burt

Burt Forum Resident

I hope Pono succeeds. Not putting money on it yet.

Ibiquity IBOC, that's what needs to die. Especially on AM.

kfringe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.