Artists who've released everything in their vaults

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Colinjpush, Aug 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CowboyBill

CowboyBill Forum Resident

I think most artists just don't't really care/realize people want this stuff.

I remember hearing a Jerry Garcia interview where someone asked him if they will release live stuff an he just shrugged and said "Do people want that stuff?" "I'm not going to sit and mix it all!"

The only person i can see wanting to do this would be Jimmy Page. He seems to enjoy mixing/mastering stuff.

RangerXT likes this.
  2. Wombat Reynolds

Wombat Reynolds Jimmy Page stole all my best riffs.

I knew somebody was gonna bring up that one.

Benny recently said, after the Wembley live concert was released, "there is nothing else".

He believes Just Like That was released.... the final version was on the Gemini album.

Who knows really, you could probably ask Magnus Palmer about it all on Facebook and he'd maybe tell you a different story.

(personally I dont care about Just Like That, the chorus is catchy, the rest isnt... thats just my opinion)

steelvelvet20 likes this.
  3. Glenpwood

Glenpwood Hyperactive!

Nope. Over on A&M Corner in the Carpenters forum there is a list that someone got from the vault in the eighties of all the unreleased tracks. Richard claims that a lot of its incomplete but there's a general concensus that there is still enough for another whole album. Covers of ABBA's "Thank You For The Music" and Kenny Rogers' "All My Life" are among those known to be finished. His relationship with Universal has deteriorated badly since the vault fire that burned up all the multis that were used for the SACD of The Singles album so I doubt we'll ever get them though...

mosogotamravip likes this.
  4. zippy

zippy Forum Resident

Just wanted to add my 2 Cents to this thread:

Nick Drake - Apart from a Live tape from a gig at cambridge, there is nothing else apart from alt takes and home demos.

Jeff Buckley - Theres loads of Live recordings both audio and video in the vaults. There is also a mountain of outakes that just havent seen official release , such as 'flowers in time' and demos of songs like 'opened once. Most will not be released because of his mother holdign it back.

Nirvana - Nearly all studio recordings have been release minus a few alt takes and Jams. Theres lots of live audio/video and there should be at least a few albums worth of home demos , better than what we heard on that awful Documentry soundtrack.

The Jam - just a few live shows really left that we know about. I would love a DVD boxset of all surviving footage.

Iv seen some other artists noted in this thread such as Springsteen- he is probably in the top 3 artists who still have tons of recordings that havent seen the sunlight in many years.

5. Between releases like the complete Fun House sessions and the various live/demo collections on the Easy Action label, I can't imagine the Stooges have much left in the vault.

DTK likes this.
  6. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

I can’t imagine King Crimson has much left in the vaults.

RangerXT likes this.
  7. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

I think Maiden has released pretty much everything studio wise, but it would be nice if they made "Soundhouse Tapes" and "Eddie's Archive" available again for everyone who missed them the first time around.

Jeff Kent likes this.
  8. DPK

DPK Forum Resident

:righton:

9. PearlJamNoCode

PearlJamNoCode Forum Resident

Iron & Wine has started to release a ton of this stuff through his "Archives Series". Home recordings of demos and unreleased songs from his first two albums so far.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

There is a very early album of his he kept from being released, and his son has promised to keep it unreleased as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.