Artists You're "Supposed To Be Into" But Just Don't Care About That Much

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Waves Crashing, Mar 10, 2018.

1. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

After the first two albums I think they morphed into another Nickelback.

2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

That is because the reality is that a lot of people around the world were just were never into them, and likely will never be.

Blank Frank likes this.
  3. Robber Soul

Robber Soul Forum Resident

AC/DC and The Rolling Stones. I'm happy passing on both.

4. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

What singers have voices that you really like?

5. Mugrug12

Mugrug12 The Jungle Is a Skyscraper

Total nicklback good call. And do I detect the slightest aroma of Creed?

6. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

And lists without details or explanations are boring!

Vinyl_Blues and Grant like this.
  7. stanlove

stanlove Forum Resident

Almost all artists. I am not into many at all.

Mugrug12 likes this.
  8. Crimson jon

Crimson jon Forum Resident

Prince
    AC DC

9. Mugrug12

This one must take the cake! I like your style

10. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

So you don't like punk. No big deal.

Grant likes this.
  11. Grant

This is when I always wonder: what do people like you get from a forum like this, where tons of all types of music is discussed? Hasn't the discussion of all that music encouraged you to seek out new (to you) sounds?

And, I also wonder, what is the use of being an audiophile (assuming you are one) if you aren't going to enjoy much music on your gear?

OldSoul and Terrapin Station like this.
  12. Mugrug12

I just don't get the performing arts. They just never did it for me. People say it's the human soul's expression and the closest we can get to the divine but hey. Friends have told me to try movies music and art but just never floated my boat. Oh well back to kicking cats!

13. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

Why do you feel folks need to explain? Everyone has different tastes and it’s as simple as they don’t connect to the music. You hear a song you don’t like and you simply change the dial. No need to deeply analyze something you don’t like. The other problem when one does try to explain away a dislike is they’ll be told how they’re wrong or how can you think that way. It turns personal and obviously fans will react negatively.

But since you asked for explanations, I don’t like George Harrison. He certainly has some songs I like. What Is Life is in my top 10 songs and is my favorite solo Beatles track. After that, the fall off is deep and quick. Every year I give All Things Must Pass a listen to see if my opinion has changed because of all the love it gets. I’ve been disappointed every year. I do feel it is his best studio album which means I don’t like his later albums much. Every now and then there’s a song I’ll like, such as Crackerbox Palace, but the album will still leave me cold. I don’t know why I feel this way but his work strikes me as lazy. There’s a self importance that turns me off as well. It’s just how I react to his music. The one album I do enjoy by him is his Live in Japan. I even made sure I got the SACD when it came out.

Derek Slazenger likes this.
  14. Grant

So, I have to wonder, why are you here?

Blank Frank likes this.
  15. Grant

Because it makes for a better thread that just a bunch of meaningless lists with no substance.

Now, I realize that there are people who aren't very good at expressing themselves, but can't they at least make the effort?

16. pobbard

pobbard Still buying CDs

Galaxie 500. I love Luna (I discovered them in 1995 via Penthouse, and have just about every b-side and alternate mix they've ever released), like most of the Dean & Britta solo stuff... but never really gotten bit by G500. I have had the box since it came out, played it quite a bit at the time, but little has ever stuck.

17. Overthehillsandfaraway

Overthehillsandfaraway Forum Resident

Totally agree. I've never got why people rave about the Foos' recent stuff. As QOTSA's recent work is less than stellar compared to Rated R, I wish Grohl & Josh Homme would have another crack at Them Crooked Vultures with JPJ.

18. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

Sung with a very nasal twang: You know we make a better day, just you and me

PDK likes this.
  19. stanlove

stanlove Forum Resident

I am more interested in music as a topic of conversation. I do enjoy reading some threads. I especially enjoy Stones, Beatles, and Dylan threads. I do listen to music people post on some threads and do like someone of it but not enough to listen to outside of the thread.

20. keefer1970

keefer1970 Metal, Movies, Beer!

Two bands in the metal realm that have constantly left me cold are Fates Warning and Dream Theater. I've given both bands numerous tries over the years but they bored the man-boobs off of me every time, so eventually I just gave up. (shrugs)

21. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

My opinion...not for this kind of thread. It’s negative in nature which can turn quickly. I actually find it more interesting just reading the names listed and leaving it at that. Other threads, yes, I wish folks would expand on their thoughts other than giving a one or two word answer. It is what it is.

ianuaditis likes this.
  22. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

I like the Stones. Somebody had to be the Stones and they're good at it. Haven't heard enough of FJM to form an opinion. I like a few TH songs lots, but find much of their music annoying (though I enjoyed Davod Byrne's books - he's a sharp guy). #1 and #2 sound like robots with a poorly programmed 'emotional 'mode.

23. Grant

o_O Sounds like a waste of time to me.

I also thought the moderators banned this type of thread. I guess they just haven't seen it yet.

24. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly 1964-73 rock's best decade

The opening Ramblin Rose is terrible. One of the worst vocals I've ever heard. The Kick Out The Jams is a little better. Still poor vocals, but there is some energy in the guitar and drums.

I'm satisfied that I don't need to check out more of this group.

25. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly 1964-73 rock's best decade

Another one for me is the Grateful Dead.

I love 60's rock and psychedelic music, but I'm not a big Dead fan.
    I like a few of their songs. Ripple is my favorite.
    I really dislike Casey Jones. Virtually unlistenable.
    I think one of the things I don't care for is Garcia's vocals.
    My son played drums in a Dead cover band for a while and I liked the songs a lot more with someone else singing.

Vinyl_Blues likes this.