"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by guy incognito, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member Thread Starter

2. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

An absolute stone cold classic. :righton:

3. Hilarious, simply hilarious!

4. To think that the writers based this hilarious scene's dialog by Les Nessman on the Hindenburg Balloon disaster...:biglaugh:

5. Joe Shlabotnik

Joe Shlabotnik Formerly dickvin

"The turkeys are hitting the ground like bags of wet cement !"

6. Obtuse1

Obtuse1 Forum Resident

7. pcain

pcain Forum Resident

That made my day. I forgot how funny that was.

8. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

God bless ya Les

[​IMG]

"It's a helicopter, and it's coming this way. It's flying something behind it, I can't quite make it out, it's a large banner and it says, uh - Happy... Thaaaaanksss... giving! ... From ... W ... K ... R... P!! No parachutes yet. Can't be skydivers... I can't tell just yet what they are, but - Oh my God, they're turkeys!! Johnny, can you get this? Oh, they're plunging to the earth right in front of our eyes! One just went through the windshield of a parked car! Oh, the humanity! The turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement! Not since the Hindenburg tragedy has there been anything like this!"

9. cooper16

cooper16 Forum Resident

Many years ago KOME radio (sse my avatar) in San Jose hired Richard Sanders to recreate this famous scene for a location promotion. The idea was they would hire a helicopter and drop paper turkeys with prize vouchers attached and have "Les Nessman" narrate the festivities. They held the turkey drop in an empty field next to a car dealership that wasn't too far from where I worked so me and a couple of buddies decided to stop by and watch. The place was a mob scene! Hundreds of listeners were pouring in to the field and there wasn't really any security to speak of. The DJ's tried to get people to stand behind a few traffic cones strung with yellow tape before they would start the drop, but the crowd wasn't complying so they decided to just drop the turkeys to appease the impatient crowd. The wind shifted and the turkeys started drifting towards the car lot with the crowd in hot pursuit. I'll never forget watching one burnout wearing hiking boots literally run across the hoods of the new cars chasing those stupid paper turkeys! I hope it was worth the effort, he probably ended up with a Dokken cassette for all his troubles. I didn't catch any paper turkeys but I did get Richard Sanders autograph.

10. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

"As God is my witness, I thought Turtle Wax could protect the car from boot damage."

...aaand with that, I make my 10-thousandth post. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.