Ash Ra Tempel LP reissue

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jomay, Dec 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jomay

Jomay Forum Resident Thread Starter

How do the original pressings of s/t compare with the Spalax reissues on vinyl and on CD?

2. japhyman

japhyman Forum Resident

1 year thread anniversary Bump, I'd love to know as well if anyone has heard the Spalax vinyl, those german originals are pricey

3. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Wait. MG is in the process of reissuing Ash Ra albums. Don't think much of Spalax, were they even official?

japhyman likes this.
  4. Jomay

Thanks for the bump. I have a lot to contribute to this forum but have not said much yet.

How awesome would it be to have MG certified reissues. I knew he had all the master tapes in his control, glad he's gonna do something with them. I have a first press (French) of New Age of Earth, sounds very nice. Very curious to hear the originals that go for megabucks. I have a bunch of the spalax reissues on cd and they sound very good. Seems like the kind

japhyman likes this.
  5. kyodo_dom

kyodo_dom Forum Resident

I only have the Spalax LP reissue of New Age of Earth, but it sounds pretty good on my rig. Never heard an original though. Replying to another poster, I believe Spalax was legit. Info here suggests so.

On the topic of Ash Ra reissues, I read that a (very well-done) counterfeit of Schwingungen got a limited vinyl pressing last year. Anyone heard that? I got the MG-endorsed LP reissues of his two solo albums that came out last year and they were excellent, but I hadn't heard that he was involved in reissuing the early Ash Ra LPs too. Would love to learn more about those...

6. Jomay

I have an original french press of new age and it sounds really nice, definitely recommended and not to expensive. but my only basis for comparison is the cd reissue from 10 or 20 years ago, which is also really good.

japhyman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.