DCC Archive Attn Mac users - is Bias Peak LE good?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Kym, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kym

Kym Former Resident Thread Starter

All I'm really concerned is if Peak LE will allow you to clean up songs I record from vinyl that I want to burn onto CD. Thanks in advance.

Kym :confused:

2. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-)

Yep, should work fine.

There are a few routes to go: one is to get a plugin such as RayGun that is specifically designed to remove pops and clicks.
    http://www.arboretum.com/S20_products/S22_raygun/S222PRODINFO.html

Alternatively, you can just do it yourself by zooming in on the pop and smoothing it over with similiar results.

I should state here that I'm no expert at removing vinyl noise - indeed I've only done it once. However, the one time I did it I removed over 200 clicks in a song, so I know how tedious it can be by hand, and having something like RayGun would be a real timesaver if you have something with a gazillion pops and clicks.

Also, I have the deluxe Peak, not the LE, but I think that you can still use plugins in the light edition. Cheak www.bias-inc.com, I'm sure they would have that info online. You can also call customer support, I've found them to be very nice.

[ January 05, 2002: Message edited by: Holy Zoo ]

3. Dan

Dan Senior Member

There's an article in the December 2001 "MacWorld" magazine about using Peak LE and RayGun to record vinyl. They definitely can be used together.

4. Kym

Kym Former Resident Thread Starter

Thanks, Holy Zoo and Dan! You've been a great help.

Kym :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.