Audio Desk Systeme Pro Record Cleaner

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by TommyTunes, Mar 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member Thread Starter

Received the Audio Desk Systeme Pro, they are offering a limited time upgrade for early buyers of the original unit. Trade in your unit and $1500 and you get the new Pro unit which has an improved motor and pump. The implementation of dual fans means that records come out without drops.
    As many know the early units were plagued with issues which they repaired even after warranty expired. They therefore are offering this trade in program.
    I did have an issue in the first year but it worked fine after the repair but took advantage of the offer. Of all the record products that I've bought, this is undoubtedly the best purchase I made. When friends have heard the difference it makes on used records each purchased the unit. If you buy lots of used records this is almost a must have, even new records come out sounding better.

2. Larry I

Larry I Senior Member

Thanks for the heads up. I have a non-pro unit that, so far, has not given me any problems, but, I still might consider the upgrade.

3. GoldprintAudio

GoldprintAudio Forum Resident

As an Audio Desk dealer, I agree with you 100%. The Pro is absolutely amazing at what it does.

4. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member

1500 for the upgrade?

Gee what a deal :rolleyes:

Especially after spending close to 4K about 16 months ago!

My unit has dual fans as do all of them.

thesisinbold likes this.
  5. Larry I

Larry I Senior Member

Hi TommyTunes and Goldprint Audio,

Who is the "They" that is making the trade-in offer? Also, do you know what it does that is better than the original model (I never have issues with water remaining on the record)?

6. Paul Chang

Paul Chang Forum Old Boy, Former Senior Member Has-Been

When my moderately used original unit went bad (the cleaning barrels would not clamp the record or rotate) after the warranty had expired, I paid $1,495 to exchange for a brand new one with the distributor. Another $1,500 for the upgrade? :shake:

7. GoldprintAudio

GoldprintAudio Forum Resident

The US Importer is the one that made that offer. I have traded with several customers as well making similar deals if there non-Pro unit was in great condition.

8. Larry I

Larry I Senior Member

Thanks.

GoldprintAudio likes this.
  9. vintage_tube

vintage_tube Enjoying Life & Music

Instead of a new thread, I'll just add to this one. After 15 years of using a VPI 16.5 (actually had two consecutively) and a crude device previous to the VPI, I sprung for a Audio Desk Pro. Even with dealer discount, it's expensive no doubt.

So, after reading the manual & pouring the concentrate/distilled water in the opening (and ensuring the drain plug was secure), I selected my first LP for the ritual. Blind Faith, S/T'd.

I can't believe I was so late to the ultrasonic cleaning party but maybe a good thing since the PRO model corrected many issues with the original design.

It cleans like nobody's business & is 60-65% quieter than the VPI in spinning and vacuuming modes. I can actually have a conversation while it's running through it's cycles. Try that with a VPI (not that I'm knocking VPI -- I'm not -- the VPI is just Hoover canister vacuum cleaner LOUD). Additionally, it's nice to place the record in the 'well' and hit the start button and basically walk away.

I actually ordered a gray colored model, but they were backordered and the distributor offered an upgrade to white or red for no up charge. I selected Red & it's a soft red -- not Fire Engine color. Besides, I'm not going to have it sitting in the center of the dining room table when not in use; it'll be in a closet (unless I was single -- ). So, color was immaterial (except didn't want white -- hard enough to keep the trim on my house bright).

I'm thoroughly impressed and in regards to that Blind Faith LP I bought back in 1969 -- quiet as a mouse throughout & the drum solo on "Do What You Want" makes me cry with glee.

It's just an amazing product. I'm thoroughly overwhelmed with the end result.

Best Sirs,

Bob

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.