Audio Fidelity "Bob Dylan Greatest, Vol. II" SACD set mastering complete.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I have however been billed for the new Elvis and Yes SACDs so this seems to be a one off anomaly.

2. DennisF

DennisF Forum Resident

My Amazon account now says it will be delivered June 4. When I looked a couple days ago, it said released on June 4. No consistency here.

3. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

amazon regularly ships preorders before release date as mentioned earlier in this thread. it is consistent. i consistently receive my amazon preorders exactly on release date.

4. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

I think that's true for "Amazon Prime" members, but my experience with a standard Amazon orders often had a new release not shipping until (or even a bit after) the release date. It may vary depending on the customers vicinity to an Amazon shipping facility.

5. DennisF

DennisF Forum Resident

That must be it. I am an Amazon Prime member.

6. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Me, too. Since I went "Prime," I ALWAYS get a new release on release date. But before that it could be a wait of almost a week.

7. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

I'm not a Prime member so that explains why mine hasn't shipped.

8. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Mine is supposed to be here any minute now, got my latest confirmation. Can't wait to hear here!

9. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Did the replacement copy have your number?

10. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

I am Prime, but mine hasn't either. For me, new releases almost always go out Sunday night, but my understanding this is geographically-dependent.

11. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

It took 7 days from Importcds.com to Texas which is pretty fast. no damages and they came with limited ed. numbers.

12. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Good question - yes, Gloria would do that for members. She was very attentive and understood collectors.

13. full moon

full moon Forum Resident

I got mine from Acoustic Sound like 10 days agp

14. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

So am I, but still no shipping notice here ...

15. DennisF

DennisF Forum Resident

I just looked in my account and it now says I will receive it Monday June 3. I never got an email stating this. Check your account at Amazon, see what it says.

16. chargrove

chargrove Forum Resident

Doesn't even show up on their site any more. :(

17. Haven't ordered it yet, so don't expect to receive it anytime soon...;):rolleyes:

JulesDassin likes this.
  18. KeithH

Cool. :thumbsup:

19. KeithH

You must live fairly close to an Amazon warehouse. I am a Prime member, and my copy has shipped, but I won't receive 'Til Tuesday. ( :D)

20. Carserguev

Carserguev Forum Resident

21. sjas1962

sjas1962 Forum Resident

Once again, it seems like I am hearing these songs for the first time. I listened with my mouth open in amazement. Essential.

Regards,
    Steve

22. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Bought Vol 1 and Vol 2 in one fell swoop today at Newbury Comics. Need to get an appropriate beverage and hold my own Dylan listening party this evening.

23. IronWaffle

IronWaffle It’s all over now, baby blue

I looking forward to a private little listening party, too... in a week or two, when Amazon delivers my copy. In the meantime, I'm anticipating this release through memory.

This collection was one of my first Dylan purchases. Bought the cassette the night the U.S. started bombing Iraq in the first Gulf War. I was wandering the empty Lakeforest Mall in Gaithersburg, Maryland with a friend. I remember being excited that the mall piped in George Harrison's then-newly released "Poor Little Girl" and how it echoed without interference from malls' usual crowds. We wandered into the Waxie Maxie's, a local "mall chain store" where everything was priced a buck or two above list. The tape intrigued me and was all I could afford. My friend, who was into contemporary pop and The Beach Boys, couldn't stomach the muddy tape and the nasally vocals on the drive home. Truth told, I don't think I could either at the time. I barely remember ever listening to the tape, but over the next six months I learned many of the tracks as I began collecting the CDs from which it drew.

When I owned my own new/used shop starting in 1999, when they reissued the CD I couldn't help but upgrading it so I could finally enjoy its unique gems, particularly "I Shall Be Released," still one of my favorite recordings of any song, and the wistful "Tomorrow Is a Long Time." I still remember the first week wholesale at the time was $16.19.

Funny the things we remember. Yesterday is a long time, too.

Kkfan and JeffMo like this.
  24. I ripped the redbook layer of this 2-SACD set over the weekend into both my desktop and laptop PC's using lossless Windows media and listened to Steve's mastering via Sennheiser HD-600 headphones...both disks sound like sonic nirvana compared to Sony's catalog releases of this compilation over the past 3 decades!!! Thanks for doing such a wonderful job of tape research and remastering for this project, Steve!!!:edthumbs:

25. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Great story - thanks for sharing. I could have saved money by ordering from Amazon but had just been subjected to an endless mall outing and was the only family member that hadn't bought anything. And I try to support my indie when I can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.