Audio Fidelity to release Blue Öyster Cult's Secret Treaties

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Simon A, Jul 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Campbell

Mike Campbell Forum Resident

I have the one I mentioned also, was hoping the up coming one improves......although the sound of the one I mention isn't bad....always room for improvement on everything....

2. heepsterandrey

heepsterandrey Forum Resident

Which upcoming one? Or were you referring to Secret Treaties which has been out for a while? Don't get my hopes up!

3. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

He's referring to the other two early albums and not ST.

4. pablorkcz

pablorkcz ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Are they being issued on AF though?

heepsterandrey likes this.
  5. tlake6659

tlake6659 Senior Member

Not as of now. I hope they do though.

heepsterandrey likes this.
  6. Ninecats

Ninecats Forum Resident

Since there is a quad mix for T&M I really hope AF will give the same fine treatment on that one as well.

7. Dan Steele

Dan Steele Senior Member

Just listened to this for the first time. Bought from a member in the classifieds. I didnt have the original so cant make any comparisans but I love this Audio Fidelity mix. I am a big fan of surround recordings and this sounds fantastic, especially Astronomy and Career of Evil

8. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

"I'm making a Ca-Rier-of EVILL!!"

9. Simon A

Simon A Arrr! Thread Starter

Audio Fidelity offered their mastering of the original Columbia Quadraphonic mixes. They had nothing to do with mixing this album. Both Columbia's mixes and Audio Fidelity's mastering are superb.

10. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Audio Fidelity stated that they were slowing down a bit, but not eliminating quad and surround on their SACD line.

They have issued no quad of surround since that statement. Many have lost hope or seeing any further releases from them with quad layers. I still am gaurdedly optimistic something could come out with an old classic quad mix from AF, but it's not looking too good.

Dan Steele likes this.
  11. Dan Steele

Dan Steele Senior Member

I should have said “version” instead of “mix” but thanks for the clarification. And yes it is great. I need to explore more of these AF 4.0 titles

Simon A likes this.
  12. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

I would recommend The Doors one next.

13. Natvecal.

Natvecal. JUST A LOW- FI GUY WHO LOVES A GREAT MASTERING

Don't like the sound of that.:sweating:

14. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Has anyone ripped the quad mix? If so, what program did you use?

15. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

It's done with certain PlayStation, or Oppo or Pioneer SACD combo players. Read all about it at the Computer Audiophile forum. It's involved but not difficult to do.

Veech likes this.
  16. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

They had to reconsider because adding quad doubled their mastering costs and increased licensing fees but it did not double unit sales.

Natvecal. likes this.
  17. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Tried it on my Pioneer DV-45A but didn't have any luck. Thanks, will research further.

Edit: oh boy, like you said it's involved and I'll have to invest about $300 in a BDP-80FD. Will need to consider further.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  18. Dan Steele

Dan Steele Senior Member

I have the new Doors Singles release with the bluray which is a surround mix. Isn’t that the same as the AF The Best of the Doors 4.0 cd which is sadly oop anyway? I’m just talking about content, I realize one might be better sound than the other. Or are there other Doors multichannel discs?

19. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

I don't know, I don't have the Blu-ray. We'll need someone else to help us here.

20. Hymie the Robot

Hymie the Robot Forum Resident

The Blu-ray is at least as good. Same mix, different mastering. Both are excellent. There is also the Doors Perception Box that has good 5.1 multichannel mixes but isn't as discrete as the Best of/Singles multichannel quad mix. If your a Doors fan and into multichannel, the Perception Box is a must buy also.

Dan Steele and fredblue like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.