Audio Note (UK): A Once In An Audio-Lifetime Event

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Kimiimacman, Oct 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimiimacman

Kimiimacman Forum Resident Thread Starter

Audio Note (UK), one of the most revered Hi-Fi brands in the industry, is holding an exclusive listening event in partnership with Audio T at the luxurious Roseate Hotel in Reading on 24th November 2018. Their extensive range of premium performance audio products are now available for demonstration at the newly refurbished Audio T store in Queens Walk, Reading.

Present at the event will be the Managing Director of Audio Note, Peter Qvortrup who will be showcasing his own incredible £800K system. In addition we will be featuring live cello music from Audio Note (UK)’s Musical Ambassador Vincent Bélanger and the beautiful bespoke instrument made for him by luthier Richard Gonon. Also available to answer any technical questions will be Darko Greguras, Head of R&D at Audio Note (UK).

There will be four ticketed sessions throughout the day and the Manager of the Reading store, Simon Walker, will introduce each one. Peter Qvortrup will then talk about the brand philosophy and play some of his most prized recordings after which Vincent will play some cello pieces both live and via a recorded medium. Will you be able to spot the difference?

The last part of each session, time permitting, will be open to the floor – bring along some of your own favourite music (vinyl or CD) and get to hear what it really sounds like on a system the like of which you will very rarely experience.

The schedule for the day is as follows:

Session 1 - 12.00 - 2.00 p.m
    Session 2 - 2.15 - 4.15 p.m.
    Session 3 - 4.45 - 6.45 p.m.
    Session 4 - 7.00 - 9.00 p.m.

There will be 20 seats available for each session, which will be held in the Roseate Library Room - tickets are free but must be booked in advance through www.wegottickets.com. We are very excited about this event and look forward to seeing you there.

You can book your place and select your preferred session here,

Thank you again Steve,

Simon

2. Slimwhit33

Slimwhit33 Forum Resident

Sounds like an amazing opportunity! I hope it all goes off without a hitch! Have fun!

Fred Hansen likes this.
  3. G B Kuipers

G B Kuipers Forum Resident

Great idea to contrast live cello playing with a recording of the same player and instrument. The best way I can think of for AN to show self-confidence.

All Down The Line and Slimwhit33 like this.
  4. Netnomad

Netnomad Forum Resident

Booked my place :)

Richard Austen likes this.
  5. TarnishedEars

TarnishedEars Forum Resident

Wow, cool! I envy those of you who will be able to attend!

6. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Sounds like great fun. My only consolation is that Peter and Lesley are coming here to visit at the beginning of the year. Leaving the AN gear home in the UK, sadly..

Have a good time.

7. Kimiimacman

Thanks, really looking forward to this. The room seems to have great acoustics, far better than any HiFi show hotel room I’ve encountered.

If the system’s sound quality and incredible musical insight is anywhere near it was when I visited Peter and Lesley’s home earlier this year, along with Peter’s infectious enthusiasm, attendees are in for a very special experience.

Simon

Steve Hoffman likes this.
  8. Encore

Encore Forum Resident

Good luck with the event. Wish I could be there.

9. Kimiimacman

10. Drewan77

Drewan77 Forum Resident

Just too early for me to attend, damn it! I'm in Santa Barbara to the 25th, then flying LAX -> UK.

The AN systems I've heard sounded fabulous & this is obviously on another level - would have definitely been there if it was 3 days later.

11. slcaudiophile

slcaudiophile Forum Resident

i will be in your area in March. i will stop by your shop. good luck with the event ... I'm sure it will be stunning.

12. Kimiimacman

Yes please do pop in anytime. I’ll be away early March myself so my guys will look after you.

Simon

13. serendipitydawg

serendipitydawg Dag nabbit!

I am overjoyed to have secured the last ticket for the 4-45 slot.

Usually the discussion centres around events in the the US (this is a US based forum after all) so i just had to attend an event held virtually on my doorstep. I am in Wokingham which is a little over 7 miles away

Subagent, Fred Hansen and Netnomad like this.
  14. Kimiimacman

Lucky you, I look forward to meeting you. Hope you enjoy it.

Simon

15. Ogre

Ogre Active Member

I sent this to my uncle in the UK but he told me most seats are booked already. Congrats!

16. Kimiimacman

It appears of the 80 places just five for the first event remain

marka likes this.
  17. Kimiimacman

TICKETS AVAILABLE AGAIN!!!

Folks, it has become apparent us that someone with an IP in Japan block-booked most of the tickets for all 4 events. Whether this was malicious or not we’ll never know but my marketing manager spotted it as he was somewhat surprised how quick the tickets went.

So the good news for all of you guys and girls here is that the free places are available once again from here.

This time around we have limited them to 2 per person though to save a repeat. Sorry to you all but lesson learned I guess?

See you there, Simon

Shiver and Encore like this.
  18. RichardG

RichardG Forum Resident

Hi Simon,
    Thanks for the update. Are the original tickets still valid if you used a UK IP address?

I haven't received anything from WeGotTickets to say otherwise so I'll come along as originally planned?

Thanks

19. Shiver

Shiver Forum Resident

Sounds ace, shame it isn't closer... Please politely request to Peter that he does one oop north :)

20. Kimiimacman

My marketing department is going to check your reservation today but in any case you will be welcome so no need to worry. See you there and thanks. Simon

21. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Dear Audio Note (UK)

Sadly, I will be so very close to this wonderful event, as I'm in Philadelphia that day, but I already have other commitments that day, so I can not attend. PLEASE bring your speakers to a dealer near me in Northeast Ohio! I'm especially interested in hearing your AN-E SPe speakers!

22. Subagent

Subagent down the rabbit hole, they argue over esoterica

If it makes you feel any better, the event is not in Reading, PA. It's in Reading, UK (nowhere near Philly!).

23. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Thank you, it does make me feel better and man, was I way off!!!

Richard Austen and Subagent like this.
  24. Kimiimacman

QUICK UPDATE

Of the 80 tickets we have just 8 remaining, all for the final session.

With just 6 days to go it’s the last chance to attend a very special event and hear an extraordinary system.

For those of you that have booked, thank you and I look forward to seeing you there.

ATB

Simon

marka likes this.
  25. Mulroydave

Mulroydave Forum Resident

Hi Simon

looking forward to Saturday , do you have information on where best to park?

Thanks

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.