AudioQuest DragonFly decoding 192 kHz as 44.1 using Kodi/XBMC?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by davidbix, Apr 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidbix

davidbix Forum Resident Thread Starter

So I got a DragonFly a couple months ago to use with my Sennheiser HD598 headphones and it sounds great, a giant upgrade over the onboard sound of my MacBook Air (2012 13" running Mavericks because I've been weirdly hesitant to upgrade to Yosemite). At first, I was using VLC, which doesn't change sampling rates on the fly, so I usually just set it to always output at 96 kHz. I started having some issues with VLC so I decided to use Kodi (the former XBMC).

So it turns out Kodi DOES switch sampling rate output on the fly, which is nice, but when I feed it a 192 kHz file, it's decoding as 44.1 kHz per both the light on the DragonFly (turns green) and th Audio Devices settings in OSX (automatically switches to 44.1 kHz and I can't change it). It should be switching to 96 kHz, which is the maximum sampling rate supported/half of 192 khz.

Is this fixable? If not, what other freeware apps can I use that have Kodi's level of compatibility, will properly cut 192 khz down to 96 kHz, might even have on the fly switching, etc?

Thanks!

2. Monroro

Monroro Forum Resident

I'm not a pro at this stuff and I don't use Kodi (I use Audirvana Plus with my Dragonfly 1.2), but maybe you need to go into your Audio MIDI Setup (Applications > Utilities...) and output format to 96000.0 Hz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.