Avengers: Infinity War

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by 5th-beatle, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parachute Woman

Parachute Woman Forum Resident

The whole point is that neither one is "right." Both Tony and Steve have positions on the issue of government oversight that make sense and are informed by their own personal experiences. That's why it's an interesting debate.

I absolutely adore Civil War. One of my favorite comic book movies ever. Essential viewing for any Marvel fan.

2. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Nobody dies in science fiction or comic book movies, hit reset and start over, logic be damned.

3. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

New Iron Man?
    New Thor ?
    New Wolverine?

4. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

They are on the 3rd spider-man.

5. alexpop

Still not got it right. :)

6. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Ok, I get how you're making that prediction, but
    what was Fury sending in the post-credits epilogue? My theory was some sort of technology for time travel to give the avengers the chance of fighting Thanos all over again.

7. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Regarding one of the "dead" characters.

Zoe Saldana already spilled the beans on her involvement in Avengers 4

8. alexpop

Spoiler thread now?

9. shokhead

One can google and find all this out pretty easy if one wanted to know.

jhm likes this.
  10. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

For me third time is the charm! Love the new Spiderman!

11. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

He had a pager and was paging Captain Marvel for help. Her film comes out before the next Avengers film, but it takes place in the 80s. Maybe she doesn't age or something.

12. shokhead

Super heroes do not age do they?

BTW, I'm all for more, much more Cobie Smulders !

13. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Her film will end with her giving Fury the pager and saying 'if you need me....'. She will play an integral part in IW2.

Btw, I think we can stop with the spoiler buttons. If someone hasn't seen the film yet they shouldn't be reading this thread.

Mazzy, Gaslight and superstar19 like this.
  14. cgw

cgw Forum Resident

Not really emo-spidy.
    Did they do a movie with the third yet?
    Actually I never saw the second.

15. shokhead

Didn't take long to get to 1B$.

16. alexpop

Awful+the spider legs.
    Back to the drawing board boys.

17. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

I think when it comes to the OG avengers,the only one I see for sure not making it out of Avengers 4 alive is Steve Rodgers. They've already sort of set up up how you can potentially write out Tony Stark and Thor without outright killing them off. Tony is wanting to settle down and marry Pepper and with Thanos, the big bad he's been obsessing over since Avengers 1 presumably being defeated, he can finally put Iron Man behind him, retire and hand the mantle off to a successor.

Thor has the survivors of two cataclysms to lead and be their king, so his time on earth is numbered, thus he leaves to take Odin and Loki's place on New Asgard.

That pretty much will end the stories of our three core Avengers with Thor possibly getting one more movie and RDJ's Stark being a special guest cameo in a few of the future Marvel movies. He could basically replace Stan Lee in terms of being the cameo easter egg in the films. Tony Stark would no doubt still be a mover and shaker in the MCU and as a civillian could pop up anywhere.

I think Hulk ( with or without Mark Ruffalo playing Banner) Black Widow and perhaps Hawkeye will remain on the roster, with Spidey, Ant-Man,Dr Strange, Captain Marvel, Black Panther and maybe a Guardian of the Galaxy or two ( Star Lord or a resurrected Gamora or both) joining with Bucky or Falcon taking up the Captain America mantle after Steve's death and Jim Rhoades wearing the red and gold as Iron Man 2.0. So bam...the roster for New Avengers.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    alan967tiger and BeatleJWOL like this.
  18. amonjamesduul

amonjamesduul Forum Resident

With time travel and multiple dimensions being a comic book staple I could see the opening of Avengers 4 being thru the POV of the folks who disappeared and them seeing the other half disappear instead.

mx20 and misterbozz like this.
  19. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

I saw this on Fri. I thought it was good, but honestly I think I am getting tired of these films. There is a certain sameness to them.

Dr. Bogenbroom likes this.
  20. GregM

GregM The expanding man

[​IMG]

amonjamesduul likes this.
  21. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

See... Sound Of Thunder. go back to far and bring something back oops...:D:laugh::oops:

22. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

This thread is like a bar that doesn't serve alcohol!

vince, alexpop and Vidiot like this.
  23. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

That's an interesting idea but I think they are just dead. What Spider-Man says would fit the scenario you outline. If it happened in a split second maybe, but not when he is aware of what is happening.

Gamora is inside the soul stone but everyone else is toast, which is fine as the gauntlet can still put things back to normal like in the comic.

24. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Doh, a lot of spoilers in this thread.

Here's a good essay on what the ending of Infinity Wars means and the problem of trying to surprise audiences in a movie where most of the characters are extremely difficult to kill:

Why the Ending of ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Is an Illusion That Earns Its Whoa Factor

It's a little bit like what the writers call "The James Bond Problem": you know that James Bond can't die, because he's the hero... and yet he has to get into great danger and peril to the point where you wonder how he could possibly get escape to fight another day. Harry Potter had a similar problem, but the writers (including novelist J.K. Rowling) solved it by literally almost killing the lead several times in the story, and also killing off a few beloved key characters.

I see your point, but you can't argue with $1.16 billion in 11 days.

25. alexpop

More money to spend on pt2.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.