B&M Audio Stores Selling on eBay

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by coopmv, May 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coopmv

coopmv Newton 1/30/2001 - 8/31/2011 Thread Starter

Have any forum members noticed your local high-end audio stores establishing a regular presence on eBay? It looks like Sound by Singer of NYC is doing it ...

http://stores.ebay.com/Sound-by-Singer

2. Jay F

Jay F New Member

Gene Rubin Audio has been selling on eBay for a long time.

3. darkmatter

darkmatter Gort Astronomer Staff

Yes there are one or two local to me in the UK that are now present on eBay
    Though I looked some time back in the last year or so I haven't checked recently.
    Simon

4. KT88

KT88 Senior Member

I have been using it for years. I don't keep the same inventory there and generally just sell our used gear that we get on trade-ins but also a few new items. It isn't as friendly a marketplace as our own website, so that's where most of the stuff goes. We have both on-line shopping and a used and demo list on our website that offers more products with less hassles and real feedback and support.

I find that eBay is only good for turning a buck more quickly or to find a larger market for unusual items, but it isn't without its many problems. It's tempting to shop there too as you never know what you'll find. I have mixed results with getting what I bargained for on there as well.
    -Bill

5. Toka

Toka Active Member

I found a (then) local store via eBay...bought a piece of used gear and then went to pick it up. It was only used gear, though, nothing new...I'd imagine certain brands would not allow that due to territorial issues. Whatever pays the bills.

6. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

Wow - nice to see you can buy something from Sound by Singer and not get the "attitude" that you are not worthy enough to shop there......

7. coopmv

I have always wondered if those folks at Sound by Singer think they are too good or exclusive for the internet ... :D

8. Green Tea

Green Tea Sweet Soulful Sounds

9. coopmv

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.