B&W P7

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Carlos73, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carlos73

Carlos73 New Member Thread Starter

Has anyone tried the Bowers & Wilkins P7 headphones? Are this considered high or low impedance headphones?

2. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

I've just listened at a couple of Apple stores. They're gorgeous-looking. The s
    SQ is excellent if maybe not truly great for the price IMO, but a lot of people love them.

Exhaustive review here, plus lots of enthusiastic comments:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/sumptuous-and-sonorous-bowers-wilkins-p7

“Impedance plot shows a nominally 25 Ohm impedance headphone, with a primary driver resonance at 50Hz.” Which I guess equates to low-to-average impedance?

3. Carlos73

Carlos73 New Member Thread Starter

Thanks, will give them a try.

4. Tridachnid

Tridachnid Forum Resident

I've got a pair of P7s. Sound nice & are comfortable. Have not used them a bunch, but when I have I like the way they sound and fatigue is minimal.

5. Colgin

Colgin Forum Resident

I have demoed them and these are the first B&W headphones that I have liked at all (I hated the P5 and P3). The P7 have about the widest soundstage in a closed can that I can think of (certainly in a "technically" portable one). The downside is that on some tracks I though the sound was a little incoherent with things sort of falling apart a bit. But as I listened more I grew to like them more. still, I really did not have a good use case for them and at $400 never seriously consider them as a possible purchase. Although they are portable they were just too big to be something I could imagine walking around with, even though they are good looking phones. And for home use I just don't have a need for closed cans and will always choose open ones. But I think they are worth listening to. I think they would be much more attractive at $300-350.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.