Back catalogue releases related to McCartney's 2016 move back to Capitol - First releases announced*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by leeroy jenkins, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Took a week to get Universal to refund me via PayPal and will take a few more days until my funds show up. Funny how our cash goes right to them at the click of a button.

supermd, theMess, Goldy and 4 others like this.
  2. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

With a little kush,
    it'll mess you up,
    it'll send you rocketing skywards.

With a little* lu-u-u-uu-uuu-uck.

*bit o' bloooomin'...

Billy Budapest and theMess like this.
  3. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Catalogue numbers please :)

4. jacden

jacden Senior Member

Sent you a PM.

Paul H and Mr. Explorer like this.
  5. Lovealego

Lovealego Senior Member

Yeah I cancelled my UDiscover order and just went for Bull Moose. Was tired of the "we had an issue with our supplier bologna"

6. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

I found a blue vinyl copy of Wings Greatest yesterday. A much better pressing than my initial copy.

Mr. Explorer and leeroy jenkins like this.
  7. leeroy jenkins

leeroy jenkins Forum Resident Thread Starter

Couldn't agree more. "With A Little Luck" sounds amazing.

Ben Adams, Mr. Explorer and theMess like this.
  8. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Listening to my copies of some of the first batch of reissues and McCartney II especially does not sound digital at all.

I’ve listened to McCartney, Pipes of Peace and McCartney II so far. I’m really impressed.

9. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

I presume the advantage of mastering from digital for greatest hits albums is that the tracks don’t suffer from a generational loss, or whatever you call it. The Abbey Road engineers responsible for cutting for vinyl are really good too.

Ben Adams and Mr. Explorer like this.
  10. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

I also picked up Ram. The LP was jammed into a paper inner sleeve. I had a hard time removing the record. Fortunately, the LP was in decent shape. I think the problem with this reissue series are the inner sleeves, which may cause some damage to the vinyl. Why would you store a heavy slab of vinyl in a sleeve that is too small? It’s ass backwards. Who makes these decisions? Typical of Universal.

I also bought the Archive Collection version of Ram. I know it has the same mastering as the latest reissue series. The pressing is better.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    Mr. Explorer likes this.
  11. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

I'll say! Yesterday, after a day at Coney Island, I was surprised to find like 14 alerts, and 12 of them were likes from you! For a moment, I thought Ben had re-joined under a new name! ;)

Mr. Explorer and theMess like this.
  12. daveidmarx

As I walked away empty-handed at the deli, I still remember their lame excuse: "we had an issue with our bologna supplier"

13. daveidmarx

While "Maybe I'm Amazed" off the recent colored-vinyl McCartney sounds lucky! (i'll stop now)

14. Paul H

Well now, it looks as though fatherhood has caused me to completely take my eye off the ball. Anyone care to offer catalogue numbers for all of the black and coloured vinyl and CD reissues so far? :o (Thanks to @jacden for his help so far.)

Discogs has got itself rather confused as well...

15. Paul H

Well, that request killed the conversation, didn't it? :)

Sean Murdock likes this.
  16. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

Besides the remastered "With A Little Luck", is there anything else on that release that warrants me picking up a CD of the new 'Wings Greatest'? Is "Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey" the proper single mix?

17. Did I ever?

Did I ever? Forum Resident

So where are the color vinyl releases of FITD and WOA? Too soon? Too many?

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  18. I don’t believe the single is a different mix, but rather it fades out before the crossfade into Smile Away present on the LP.

Hep Alien and RAJ717 like this.
  19. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

These legible enough for you, Papa Paul?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Paul H

You is da Man! I was just going to post a message to say that the info jacden kindly emailed me contradicted the info I'd got from discogs.com and was now utterly confused, when I spot your photo. Perfect. Thank you.

Now I'm just missing a catalogue number for the CD of McCartney II.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    Mr. Explorer and mrjinks like this.
  21. jacden

jacden Senior Member

Sorry about the confusion Paul. Do keep in mind that the catalogue numbers I sent you are for the BLACK records, not the coloured ones.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  22. Paul H

The confusion wasn't caused by you. The confusion stems from the discogs website, which has many of the numbers for the black vinyl swapped for the coloured editions.

Mr. Explorer and jacden like this.
  23. jacden

jacden Senior Member

Ah, OK.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  24. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Was hoping to get some feedback here. Since I just picked up the deluxe vinyl of Egypt Station and found myself digging the heck out of it, I decided to go back and check out some of his more recent work that at first I did not care for or did not give a fair listen to.

My question is on the 2018 vinyl reissue of "New" an album that I now find myself liking. How is the the sound quality on the standard black and pink versions? Are they same, is one a better choice over the other or just preference.

Thanks in advance...

25. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

I have the pink and its fantastic. Dead centered, flat and really quiet. I'm assuming the black would be identical sounding

scotti likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.