Back catalogue releases related to McCartney's 2016 move back to Capitol - First releases announced*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by leeroy jenkins, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Come on, who was it?:

[​IMG] ;)

2. Well I'm still hoping that Universal, who already has my money via PayPal, doesn't upset me . :tiphat:

Actually that link says that Indie retailers in the US will be the only PHYSICAL RETAILERS in the US to have the color vinyl. It doesn't say online (like Universal) won't have them

3. Arnold Grove

Rule 1: Figure out EXACTLY what you are doing.
    Rule 2: Do NOT send out a press release until everything is in place and confirmed.
    Rule 3: Do NOT allow vendors to sell anything until you have absolutely verified the exact numbers of items that each vendor will be allotted.
    Rule 4: Repeat Rules 1, 2, and 3 AGAIN to really make sure that everything is properly working to maximize the happiness of all involved.

4. Arnold Grove

It is possible these "Vinyl Bundles" may stand a better chance of being fulfilled than individual colored vinyl LP sales. You'd figure those vinyl bundle packages had to have been approved somewhere in this whole process.

Then again, it was not too well thought out.

5. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

Comprehensive planning.

jlf, Shak Cohen, ZippyPippy and 4 others like this.
  6. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Comprehensive planning: coming soon.

7. Arnold Grove

I'm on my way!

[​IMG] ;)

8. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

I think we have a culprit.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  9. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

Limited by default as not many people are expected to buy this stuff again and again (and again) and again...

10. Arnold Grove

Seriously though: How hard is it to coordinate the re-release of 8 albums? :wtf:

11. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Seems to be abit of a mess, I was wondering will the red LP have the capital label on the LP or will it be the Apple logo ?

Just thinking it would look really good with the Apple logo.

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  12. teag

teag Forum Resident

Music Direct has all of these for $16 each after you take the 20% off. Good deal if you just want a clean copy. Wonder where these are pressed?

They must be standard black vinyl...........:shh:

13. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

14. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

This is why even though it was more money I DID NOT cancel my order they them. I am thinking as you are. If any site fulfills their orders it'll probably be this one. I'm sweating bullets hoping I get the records they them but I would be way more stressed if I cancelled here and went with another site. Fingers crossed

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  15. Agree. They are basically the distributor unlike the other retail sites who may or may not get a full allotment.

Wiserforthetime likes this.
  16. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Thank you both so so much. Yes, she is recovering well thank you.

If I ever go off Paul, please have me killed! :D:laugh:

Zeki, JDeanB, Shak Cohen and 9 others like this.
  17. PaperbackBroadstreet

PaperbackBroadstreet Forum Resident

Well it is a re-re-re-release after all. :rolleyes:

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  18. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Mr. Explorer and Darrin L. like this.
  19. Delivered As Is

Delivered As Is Well-Known Member

Last night around 11pm I went to the Soundstagedirect basket page I saved and saw that the 4 Macca color vinyl I had in there said “discontinued” under their title.

20. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Black vinyl is still on Amazon at @ $20 a pop. If anyone besides me is interested in the music, that is.

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  21. Mr. Explorer

Mr. Explorer Trumpet Man/Dapper Dan

To be fair most of us interested in the music already have at least one of the original archive configurations of these 8 albums

22. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Probably a fair call, yeah.

Mr. Explorer and mrjinks like this.
  23. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

I don't own any Macca on vinyl, will be buying the black versions after passing on the archive collection due to lack on interest in the extras.
    Personally, I just want flat, quiet, non-trashed grooves and covers. So if these are pressed at a good plant, they'll be getting my money.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  24. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Well thank you for posting. Apologies for not finding your earlier posts. I had a look at them and they seem very similar to UDiscover and The Sound of Vinyl. For us in the UK postage is expensive but then these coloured vinyl albums do not look as though they will have much of a UK release.

mrjinks and Mr. Explorer like this.
  25. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Good spot Mazzy. Thanks for your input. These coloured vinyl issues look nice but hey if folk lose out and do not get them hopefully they will move on. I've got a feeling that there will be future coloured vinyl issues and other nonsense further down the line. What else can MPL sell? They are not suddenly going to go into the baked bean market.

mrjinks and Mr. Explorer like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.