Back catalogue releases related to McCartney's 2016 move back to Capitol - First releases announced*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by leeroy jenkins, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

Did the same. Way more expensive here though. About $60 more expensive...

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  2. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

The photo is sooooo close to showing the labels! But not quite!

[​IMG]

Mr. Explorer and Evan L like this.
  3. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Yes the records could be anything in fact to my eyes the actual vinyl all looks the same! I guess I am going to get several copies of these forthcoming records, several copies of just one title or none at all. All good fun though.

FKA002 likes this.
  4. Pretty.Odd.

So do you guys think the original labels will be recreated??

5. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

I hope so, would be good.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  6. bward

bward Senior Member

No rumblings from our two excellent sources here.

The Archives have been on a Christmas, Fathers Day schedule. So, I think a new Archive release depends on how close the new studio album is To being ready.

Just an opinion.

I don't think the original labels will be recreated.

The Hear Now/Concord releases all had new unique labels. I'm guessing the new labels will be the same as the old, except for a Capitol logo somewhere.

7. Pretty.Odd.

Don't you think V&M will be recreated now that its back on Capitol? Get the big Capitol dome logo again. Hoping the Apple label is brought back for the first two since these are UMe

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  8. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

And then would Ram have the sliced or unsliced apple on side two?

9. gibtti

gibtti Senior Member

I doubt you’ll ever see an Apple on any of Paul’s albums again.
    His lawsuit removed him from the Apple partnership, backdated to the Beatles split.
    After this all traces of Apple were removed from his solo stuff never to be seen again....

Chris

10. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Did this release happen to become more interesting in the last couple weeks?

11. Ricardo Cosinaro

Ricardo Cosinaro Forum Resident

I'm right there with you except for two points. #1 - I *was* around during the Beatles' heyday (has it ever left us, really?) and worked in a record store. When Capitol started shipping product using the green label I realized the original rainbows would likely become collectible and started buying copies of the originals to store away. As new titles were released I always bought 2 copies - one to store and one to play. I still have all of them.

And as with you, the completest in me says I must buy 2 copies of all the re-pressings as they come out. Yes, even the mono and stereo boxes! But I'm nearing retirement and thinking about down-sizing my household, so what'll I ever do with all that vinyl? Not to mention the Genesis books, artwork, posters, etc. Selling all this stuff will be hard to do, but as they say - you can't take it with you! #2 - I think I'm gonna pass on the colored vinyl. Somebody give me a valium, please!

Derek Slazenger and Mr. Explorer like this.
  12. MILKEY

MILKEY Forum Resident

MPL or whoever is doing this Limted Colored Vinyl
    to create a panic by collectors. I say they have won already.

Frank, Carl80 and Ricardo Cosinaro like this.
  13. ZippyPippy

ZippyPippy Forum Resident

Take comfort in that you haven't had to use the backup copies up to now, so they've fulfilled their purpose over many decades as far as personal value. That should make it easier to choose how to downsize.

Ricardo Cosinaro likes this.
  14. Mr. Explorer

Mr. Explorer Trumpet Man/Dapper Dan

You worked in a record store over 50 years ago and you’re still nearing retirement??

That’s work ethic right there! :agree:

15. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

Yeah, and the joke's on us. They see how people are excited about colored vinyl re-re-re-releases of albums we've already got in several formats. Why would they go through the trouble of producing truly interesting releases (such as rare or unreleased recordings) when they can just roll out the same old stuff in different formats or colors?

Paul H likes this.
  16. Agree about wanting more rare stuff but the reality is there is more work to create the big archive boxes w music design photos books etc.....

17. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

Yes, and then show everyone & then remove all listings. :agree:

RAJ717, Mr. Explorer and Carl80 like this.
  18. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads-up. Got my order in for one of the coloured vinyl albums. Finally!

Carl80 likes this.
  19. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

I thought I read from old Wings bandmembers that work was being done several years ago on Archive Collections for the remaining albums (Wild Life, Speedway, London Town, and Back To The Egg...

music-man and Mazzy like this.
  20. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Thanks I did not know that. I guess I will have to look at Discogs but did 1970s Macca albums appear on different labels in the USA/Canada to the UK?

21. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

During the Apple years, I believe the UK and US labels were similar for McCartney and Ram, other than normal design variations between some of the US and UK Apple labels (rim text, etc.). The labels for Wild Life, Red Rose Speedway, and Band on the Run were all custom labels designed for those LPs. They are fairly similar with the exception of some text and layout variations.

Flaming Torch and gibtti like this.
  22. SteelyNJ

SteelyNJ Forum Resident

I have the Steve Hoffman mastered DCC "Band On The Run" gold CD, supposedly one of the best sounding BOTR issues. Is there any reason to buy the upcoming black vinyl pressing (which I understand does not include "Helen Wheels") other than just to have a vinyl copy?

23. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

The reason would be that you are a completely irrational completest. (Like me.)

24. Frank

Frank Senior Member

How much do you want the first note of Nineteen Hundred Eighty-Five? :p

25. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Some of the Apple labels for the cherry bowl album used the actual McCartney logo from the album's back cover, while others just used a standard font.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.