Back catalogue releases related to McCartney's 2016 move back to Capitol - First releases announced*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by leeroy jenkins, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Embracetheday

Embracetheday Forum Resident

Does uDiscover charge at the time you preorder or when it ships?

2. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

Yes it charges at preorder.

3. Yeah I paid for it a month ago so when it comes next month it will seem they are all free :tiphat:

4. Wiserforthetime

My thoughts exactly. And I can't wait.

Mr. Explorer and Mazzy like this.
  5. Embracetheday

Embracetheday Forum Resident

Anyone else notice that if you search for the colored vinyl on uDiscover, they show up as $35 each...But if you follow the link to uDiscover through the email sent by Paul’s website this morning, they are $30 each?

6. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

Yes, I did. :disgust:

7. Phil D

Phil D Forum Resident

I ordered all eight of the coloured vinyl albums a few days ago from Udiscovermusic via McCartney's website. However, today I received a strange e mail from Digital Stores Customer service quoting my order number and requesting documentary proof of my billing address in the form of a photograph of a bank statement/drivers licence/ utility bill. This seems not only unnecessary but very suspicious. Has anyone else received anything similar?

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  8. Wiserforthetime

I ordered from them and I never received anything like that and it seems really suspicious. I would go to their site and pull up their customer service email and send to them and tell them what happened. They will tell you if it's them.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  9. Russian Hackers. Dont do it. Contact Universal yourself if necessary.

10. Phil D

Phil D Forum Resident

Yes, just done that - awaiting reply.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  11. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

NEVER send anyone an image of your driver's license or bank statement. That email is a SCAM.

12. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Sounds legit.

13. Phil D

Phil D Forum Resident

I think not.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  14. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

If you send them your SS# and bank routing# you'll receive the bonus Red Rose Speedway red vinyl.

;)

15. Arnold Grove

Thank you for that info. In fact, I'm sending them all 5 of my Social Security numbers, as I want 5 copies ... ;)

16. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

Yes I got two of those (one for each order - Canada and UK) and checked it out. I can't remember the exact details but it's legit. :)

All they wanted to see was something with the same address as the credit card. They don't need photo ID etc.

17. Yorick

Yorick Senior Member

Keith Badman's book on The Beach Boys has some social security numbers you can use!

Hep Alien likes this.
  18. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Yes my dad received the same email as well from digital stores which I thought was abit strange when he ordered the bundle , a site in Canada that digital stores were handling the orders for , music valtz I think they were called.

My dad ended up cancelling and re ordering via u discover but he didn’t get an email off u discover asking for ID which is all digital stores uk /universal.

19. Phil D

Phil D Forum Resident

Would any legit company really request sight of a bank statement though?

Derek Slazenger likes this.
  20. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

It's just to verify that the credit card hasn't been used fraudulently. Doesn't have to be a bank statement. I sent them a scan of a gas bill. Everything is insured with a credit card anyway I didn't object to the extra layer of scrutiny. The Company that sent the request are a big firm and there were no complaints on any forums about them. It doesn't worry me at all but if you're uncomfortable supplying info like that don't do it!

21. Strange. I would never send any personal payment document to buy a Friggen record.

supermd, forthlin, e.s. and 2 others like this.
  22. Arnold Grove

To avoid these type of problems, I recommend the following card:

[​IMG] ;)

23. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Hmmm. I bought my set from Musicvaultz but didn't receive that request.

I do know, from reading experiences on other threads, that Musicvaultz did have some "issues" with deliveries last fall/this spring. They had bargain-basement prices on both the Beatles and Stones boxes, iirc, but forum members had problems RECEIVING them, because they shipped without complete addresses. So, something would show up at the post office addressed to:
    Frank Jetfan
    Philadelphia, PA. 19114​
    Shockingly, this proved difficult for our friends at the USPS to deliver. There were all kinds of stories about forum folks trying to intercept these parcels at the post office before they were returned to Canada - some were successful, some were not. Maybe this request for a physical address is somehow related (?).

All I know is you'd have to be a fool to order this set from them. Oh, wait... :ignore:

Mr. Explorer, Carl80 and Frank like this.
  24. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

No doubt! Sounds very very suspicious to me.

25. I mean never ever unless I’m buying a house and my bank needs documents.

RAJ717 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.