Back catalogue releases related to McCartney's 2016 move back to Capitol - First releases announced*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by leeroy jenkins, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blighty

Blighty Well-Known Member

I got mine a couple of days ago. No poly lined sleeves :( and worst of all my RAM yellow vinyl is infact LIME GREEN!

It definitely shouldn't be this colour, all the promo photos show a Yellow disc. The sticker on the front says Yellow Vinyl but is coloured green, (as is the sticker on Venus - Red and Green colour that says Red + Yellow vinyl).

What happened to quality control?
    Anyone else have the same issue?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    Ludger likes this.
  2. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

Mine is lime green to. I couldn't believe it when I saw it.

Ludger likes this.
  3. Blighty

Disc replacement time I think!

Mazzy likes this.
  4. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Except they’re all like that. If you request a replacement, you’re just wasting your time.

Mazzy and mrjinks like this.
  5. bward

bward Senior Member

Success!
    No, I still don't have the color vinyl bundle. I don't know when it will arrive.
    BUT, somebody from FH finally responded to me.
    Thanks to @grsmnkey for the idea, I found FH's customer service account on Twitter, and they actually got back to me to today.
    So, they told me about an issue at the warehouse that they are looking into, and hope to have resolved soon.
    That's ok.
    At least my order isn't closed after my package allegedly got sent to Philly.
    So, I'll wait.
    But at least I know they heard me.
    THanks for listening to me here too.

6. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Good luck Bob!!!

bward, Mazzy and Mr. Explorer like this.
  7. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I hope it works out. Be like Mazzy. Wait until Hanukkah (December 12th). If no results by then, call in the reinforcements (credit card company).

Mazzy and bward like this.
  8. bward

bward Senior Member

Thank you Bob!
    I hope I actually get the package.
    I wasn't looking forward to trying to pick them up one at a time.
    I broke down and bought Tug of War on blue. If all else fails, I'll have that. And that's my favorite album from this batch, followed closely by Mc1 and RAM, which I bought on black vinyl.

Mazzy and Mr. Explorer like this.
  9. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

As e.s. mentions, EVERYONE has this issue. It's been covered in this thread (with pics) if you read backwards...
    Exactly.

Blighty and e.s. like this.
  10. Debacle. It's not the right Yellow!! :tiphat:

[​IMG]

11. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

And it's apparently a problem specific to this color – as others have noted upthread, another "yellow" record released this year (The Style Council's Modernism: A New Decade reissue) was advertised as the same shade of yellow as Ram, but also turned out more of a greenish color. There are greater troubles in the world.

Blighty, mrjinks, Mazzy and 1 other person like this.
  12. Already went through that phase when I was 14 in San Francisco . :tiphat:

[​IMG]

13. sws2000

sws2000 Forum Resident

Just curious... do you have the archive releases on CD?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
  14. The color of vinyl isn't really an issue. Someone at the plant (client or otherwise) chose what color yellow they wanted.

Blighty, e.s. and Mr. Explorer like this.
  15. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Nothing from SoundStageDirect?

16. sws2000

sws2000 Forum Resident

Still says "Processing." I emailed them this morning but haven't heard back yet

Jerry Horne likes this.
  17. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Thanks.

18. Blighty

I went back through the thread but didn’t go far enough to see the discussion about colour, sorry.
    I think it’s an issue when they’re going to the trouble of colour matching the album artwork to the disc and charging so much for it. That is the point of this set of coloured vinyl. Sloppy quality control.
    Hope everyone gets there packages!

sunking101 and Mazzy like this.
  19. Lovealego

Lovealego Senior Member

For what its worth Mazzy, I too haven't received a thing from uDiscover. No email or anything. I might check out my local as well. I have a second set on order with Sound Stage Direct, but crickets over there too. Still says processing.

Mr. Explorer and Mazzy like this.
  20. A different colour of vinyl is not sloppy quality control. Just like when you pick paint for your home, choosing the colour of vinyl is a decision by whomever is at the pressing plant. It is similar to printing four-color on press. On a big project like this, there would be a representative from the client, MPL (doubtful) or Capitol/Universal. It is like a press check and a decision was made on the exact colour. It is more of a chartreuse which is a mix of yellow and green and contrasts the label which IS true yellow.

* And note that if you check out the colour strip that says LIMITED EDITION YELLOW VINYL, the record is pretty much the exact same colour as that bar behind that type. So it seems that's the colour match. Not accidental.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

21. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

^^^It looks like this Puke Green:
    :hurl:

Mr. Explorer, Ludger and Blighty like this.
  22. My puke never looked this color but it does look like chartreuse Chartreuse (color) - Wikipedia

Mr. Explorer, Blighty and e.s. like this.
  23. Like my photos above, each vinyl and cover stripe seem to match up colour wise.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

24. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Now that’s Tastefully Young.

Mr. Explorer and Mazzy like this.
  25. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

I seriously doubt that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.