Back catalogue releases related to McCartney's 2016 move back to Capitol - First releases announced*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by leeroy jenkins, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

And yet, Ringo Starr was the host (not musical guest, but host) of SNL on Saturday, December 8th, 1984...
    [​IMG]

2. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Hope For The Future was released on December 8th 2014.

3. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

May I correct myself... I can't see a good Beatle related release ever coming out on an eighth of December.

;)

4. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

That is true and I think Paul is trying to stamp it out of people's minds with happier memories such as:
    Hope For The Future Digi single released 8, December 2014
    And also even though it wasn't until February 2010 in the UK the US Digi single release of "(I Want To) Come Home was infact 8, December 2009. I remember that well as it was released while I was in hospital recovering from having my lung removed.
    Now this year December 8 also falls on a possible release day (Friday) so I don't see him passing on it.

5. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

It's unlikely, but I'd chalk it up to the fact that not many new albums come out that close to Christmas. (Granted, the decline of the relevance of physical media may eventually render this archaic release strategy obsolete...here's hoping). If that's when someone at the label decides is the best week for something to come out, that's when it will come out, the fact that it's the 8th is just a coincidence that stems from Fridays being release day. I don't think, this many decades on, it's disrespectful, nor would it be on purpose. Is it optimal? No, but it's also not a date that needs a red circle around it saying "do not do anything on this date, ever."

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  6. Mumbojunk

Mumbojunk Forum Resident

The last time Paul released a new album in December was 1973, so I think it's unlikely. Though that one did turn out well. :)

7. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

Ah, but Ringo's appearance on SNL that night of Dec. 8, 1984 was quite hilarious. I remember staying up to watch it. I was 15 at the time. His skit about being the world's unluckiest man was awesome but has never been posted on YouTube or NBC.com as far as I can tell. He was struck by lightening several times during the skit. Crazy.

8. Wiserforthetime

Furthermore I can see Paul bookending the release date of 8, December with an announcement on 9, October.
    He usually makes announcements 2 months in advance and that would be almost to the day.

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  9. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I hope the Archive series isn't over yet. It looks so incomplete for Wild Life, Red Rose Speedway and Flaming Pie not getting super deluxe dedications.

10. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

So one on John Lennon's birthday and one on the anniversary of his death?

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  11. Haristar

A cover of "It's Johnny's Birthday"?

12. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

You all seem to know an awful lot about his announcement-habits and particularities don't you? :laugh:

13. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

In my opinion, it was Martin Short's Ed Grimley character that made that skit so funny. Ringo was pretty much just the straight man, as he was when he just stood there looking lugubrious while he was auctioned off at a Beatles auction and nobody wanted to buy him. (Paul's toothbrush had just been auctioned for a crazy high price before Ringo came up for bid).

14. Haristar

Obsessive compulsiveness sort of comes with being a Beatles fan. :laugh:

15. Wiserforthetime

Tha
    That's what I'm thinking.

16. Wiserforthetime

I wish I had any inside info but these are just my feelings.

Yovra and paulmccartneyistheman like this.
  17. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Yaks?????

:yikes::yikes::crazy:

Beave

18. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

If Paul's new album drops this year, and that's a big IF because it's not coming this year.

November 3 would be a good date because it's before the Taylor Swift and U2 releases. And it gives him time to announce it.

But since no new songs were performed in the recent shows, count on 2018. I think the folks with sources know this to be the case..

Mr. Explorer and SixOClockBoos like this.
  19. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

I hope the album is worth the anticipation, really. To be honest I'm more looking forward to a nice deluxe re-release of London Town than a new McCartney-album. :hide:

Deano6, JLPMacca, klaatuhf and 4 others like this.
  20. lenmac31

lenmac31 Forum Resident

I was at the concert last night in Newark. I was interviewed by one of Paul's people about his concert legacy. When the interview was over I asked about the new album. The guy told me he is finishing the album now and it would be released sometime in 2018.

21. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

Awesome!!

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  22. Hep Alien

Hep Alien Forum Resident

Thanks for the update, lenmac31 :righton::wave:

23. Haristar

I suppose he didn't happen to say what day it would be released, how many tracks there would be, what each track was called, what each track sounded like, who's playing on it, etc.? ;)

24. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

Thanx for the info. However, you just as well could have slipped us cryptic clues over the course of the next several weeks and ignite this thread into a cyber war of speculation and insults. ;-)

25. Frank

Frank Senior Member

I'm old enough to remember when there was a whole thread about the mythical "new album" and we had to come over here to discuss other topics because going off topic was verboten. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.