Back catalogue releases related to McCartney's 2016 move back to Capitol - First releases announced*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by leeroy jenkins, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident

I haven't gone back to the order page. I was offered a refund or store credit. I was so mad that I returned a one word response. Refund. I'll go back and check the order page, but at this point, my PayPal has not seen the refund.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  2. JamesD1957

Just checked the Soundstagedirect order page. Order still shows "processing". I received my cancellation email from Kara.

3. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

I can't say I'm glad to not of ordered these (I'd love them if I could afford them) but I'm glad to be missing out on all these shipping shenanigans. It's been a bit of a flustercluck as far as I can tell.

4. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

I asked them for a refund early a while ago. They told me 3 days. I waited 4 days, then contacted them again... My refund came right after my chat. If you look at the order page and push into the actual order, it should say cancelled.

5. Still have a full order w Uni but nada. And Hannukah is Tuesday sundown. :tiphat:

I wrote early I found them all in Seattle except Venus Mars. Looked in San Francisco today but no luck.

6. JamesD1957

I don't think there is anywhere in Houston to get them, but honestly, I haven't made a conscious effort to find them in a bricks and mortar yet. I might check a couple of stores out this week, but I'm not holding my breath!

7. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Check Philadelphia for Venus & Mars... ;)

Mr. Explorer and Mazzy like this.
  8. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

Sorry to hear folks are battling the availability of the coloured vinyl editions.

I got my black ones last week, the pressings are first rate, guess this is one of those times
    when it's good to prefer black vinyl. I must say that i've seen pricing all over the map
    for the standard editions, from $24 to $50 (cdn$) for the same titles. I got them from a trusted
    source who opens and double checks them first for about $27 canadian each.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  9. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

They really are first rate. Always a nail-biter when such a huge chunk of catalog is reissued on vinyl at the same time, but all of mine were perfect.

DeRosa and Mr. Explorer like this.
  10. I bought the Venus and Mars single-CD reissue to test -- Magneto and Titanium Man still has the glitch that the 2014 CD has.

supermd likes this.
  11. Thomas Pugwash

Thomas Pugwash Forum Resident

Have you checked Ebay and Discogs? They're already going for the 'silly money'. I got 7 from UDiscover within a week and the 8th from Discogs. That was after ordering them through Tower in Dublin and THEY got sent black instead of the coloured issues. It's not exactly been plain sailing on a winedark open sea.

12. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I hope you thanked knarf for driving ‘em up from Philly!

;)

13. bward

bward Senior Member

Was Frank my UPS driver? I wish I knew!!

Frank and mrjinks like this.
  14. Frank

Frank Senior Member

[​IMG]
    Happy to help!

(Haven't even lived in PA for some time now...but I'm still in the Philly media market)

bward, mrjinks and forthlin like this.
  15. sws2000

sws2000 Forum Resident

Did you email them first? And if so how long did they take to reply? I email them a week ago and haven't gotten a reply yet. I just hope udiscover still has them in stock.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  16. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  17. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

Sheesh--that's like 2 colored vinyl albums and postage.:p

18. JamesD1957

I did email them a couple of times. I received the "official" cancellation notice earlier today. It gave me some options, but stated that if I didn't respond within 72 hours, a refund would be made automatically.

sws2000 likes this.
  19. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

20. supermd

supermd Senior Member

It's a block of wood...

21. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

Anybody here order the Christmas boxed set through The Beatles website? I think the same outfit does their mailing/shipping. I ordered a backup from Amazon just in case.

22. Well they are not made in Vietnam by cheap labor. Her crew gets paid a living wage in San Francisco and the materials are first rate.

I support local crafts people whenever possible.

Why are these products so damn expensive?
    The short answer: Every panel is designed, handcrafted and packaged by hand, by a small team of skilled workers in San Francisco, California. We pay above the minimum wage to our team because we believe handcrafting skills are valuable, but too often undervalued.

The long answer: Our products are a labor of love, and we take great pride in creating a useful and durable handcrafted product. Our business operates on the principal that every element of our production should be responsible considered and carefully sourced, so that we can create a durable and high quality product for our customers, which we are very proud of. We practice environmentally safe production practices, support our workers and work within our local community whenever possible. We primarily work with California-based suppliers and other small businesses to produce this collection. When local isn't an option, we work with US-owned and operated small businesses. Working with local and/or small US businesses allows us to have complete control over every element of our products, and it helps support our community of local businesses and fellow makers.

23. sws2000

sws2000 Forum Resident

I wonder if others on here that ordered from them got similar emails?

24. JamesD1957

Here is the email that I received:

Thank you for ordering from SoundStageDirect!

We apologize for any inconvenience – We have been notified by the record company that they will only be shipping the Paul McCartney Colored Vinyl LPs to physical record stores and online retailers will be excluded from carrying this title. As music lovers ourselves, we understand how frustrating this can be.

Would you like to exchange the title(s) for another, or would you prefer a store credit or refund?

If you would like to switch to any other title(s), please note the processing time listed below the "Add to Cart" button on the product page. If an item is available to ship immediately, it will say "In stock, usually ships within one business day" below the "Add to Cart" button.

Please let us know how you wish to proceed. If we do not hear back from you within 72 business hours, you will be issued a refund for the unavailable item(s).

They are trying to do the right thing....but dang. That was a LONG time to wait only to discover they were never going to get them in the first place!

25. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.