Back catalogue releases related to McCartney's 2016 move back to Capitol - First releases announced*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by leeroy jenkins, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident

Did they send you a notification?

2. sws2000

sws2000 Forum Resident

No they didn't, I just happened to check the status on their order page. And I'm pretty sure they didn't sent me a notice the first time either.

3. JamesD1957

Okay. So I didn't bother to check the order page when I received the email about most likely never getting a copy of the yellow RAM. After reading your email, I checked, and it shows as shipped. No info on WHEN it shipped, or HOW it shipped. So I sent another email to them stating that if it had indeed shipped, that I did NOT want to cancel. I don't know who's running the show over there, but I think I have it narrowed down to three. Moe. Larry. Curly.

4. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Just for any one interested Ram in yellow was still available at the UDiscover UK site for £26. I ordered on Thursday and blow me down it came in the post next day. What a remarkable saga it has been - perhaps we will see yellow Rams at knock down discount prices in the near future.

forthlin and Mr. Explorer like this.
  5. fortherecord

fortherecord Senior Member

None of my local record shops have the colored vinyl pressings, where are people buying these?

6. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Online, from the uDiscover website.

7. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

For those with access to Amazon.co.uk ........ They have slashed the prices of various titles of the new Capitol versions this morning.

I've just ordered Pipes Of Peace, McCartney II, Speed Of Sound and Tug Of War, total cost just under £50 !

ConnieGuitar and Mark Wilson like this.
  8. MEMark

MEMark Forum Resident

Hi--Did you buy the 2017 RAM black vinyl? If so, how does it sound? I've been trying to see what people think of the blk vinyl 2017 versions, but am having a hard time wading through all the responses in this thread. Would love to get your thoughts--and thank you!

9. It’s availabke for about $15. Cheap. You might want to splurge and check it out yourself. The colored Ram is good so the black would be the same.

MEMark likes this.
  10. bward

bward Senior Member

I have the new black vinyl RAM and it sound great. It is replacing my original Apple.

MEMark likes this.
  11. Somerset Scholar

Somerset Scholar Ace of Spades

Picked up black vinyl BOTR. Flawless.

MEMark likes this.
  12. sws2000

sws2000 Forum Resident

Have you received Ram yet? It's been over a week and still no Ram

13. JamesD1957

No. Even bigger mess than I thought. After seeing that it had "shipped", I dug a little deeper and it was showing that it had already been delivered on the same date as the three that I did get (December), and that the order was "complete". I contacted uDiscover again to see what was up, and I received another email that stated that it had NOT shipped, but that they would be receiving more copies of it, and that mine should ship in a week or two. I'm continuing to hang in there, but if I haven't received it by mid February, I'm canceling.

sws2000 likes this.
  14. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

15. sws2000

sws2000 Forum Resident

My order was changed back to "LOGISTICS" even though it's still showing Ram has shipped

16. JamesD1957

If you haven't already, you might want to contact them. It seems as though the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, so to speak.

sws2000 likes this.
  17. sws2000

sws2000 Forum Resident

I think I'll phone to talk to the left hand and email to talk to the right hand

JamesD1957 likes this.
  18. supersquonk

supersquonk Forum Resident

Sort of off-topic but I'd like to request a Back to the Egg super deluxe, one of the ones that comes in a book with 4 DVDs or CDs.

[​IMG]

Deano6, longdist01, grimble and 4 others like this.
  19. JamesD1957

Just received an email from udiscover. Shipment notice with tracking number. Fingers are crossed.

Mr. Explorer and sws2000 like this.
  20. JamesD1957

Ram, limited edition yellow vinyl has arrived. :D I'll give it listen a little later tonight.

Mr. Explorer, forthlin and sws2000 like this.
  21. sws2000

sws2000 Forum Resident

Still waiting for mine to "officially" ship

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  22. My one bone of contention with this reissue campaign is that the mono Ram is not part of it.

23. bward

bward Senior Member

Good point.
    Mono vinyl RAM, I guess, is looked at as an ancillary limited release, not something to keep in print.
    At least there is still a version in the deluxe box.

24. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Wow... only one bone of contention? I have a whole skeleton!!

25. sws2000

sws2000 Forum Resident

So I checked my PO box for the first time this week and had an unexpected package in the parcel locker! Never got an email and was expected if it did shipped it would've been UPS. Now dreaming of a green vinyl Wings Wild Life!

rstamberg, Mazzy and JamesD1957 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.