"Back to the Future" coming to Blu-ray October 26, 2010

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Pawnmower, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member Thread Starter

2. darkmatter

darkmatter Gort Astronomer Staff

Thanks added it to the wish list :)

3. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

Didn't see anything there about the individual movies being released. They'll probably do it a later time so I guess I'll probably have to wait as I'm only really interested in the first movie.

4. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

Awesome, thanks for the heads-up! The first one is one of my favorite movies.

5. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Great news!

Here's my favorite quote by Bob Gale:

6. dirwuf

dirwuf Misplaced Chicagoan

Eric Stoltz footage?..really?!

7. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I'm in the "not gonna happen" camp - would be cool if it did appear, though!

8. dirwuf

from the article...

9. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Aren't there some stills of Stoltz in the existing documentaries?

10. dirwuf

11. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Would like to the footage, but I'm not gonna rush out and buy a
    Blu-ray player for it. :shake:

Darryl

12. hi_watt

hi_watt The Road Warrior

YES! Can't wait! Can't it come any sooner?!

13. Four months ain't soon enough for ya, huh?!?;):laugh:

14. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Stoltz was in an original early Spring 1985 teaser poster for the film, at least in a wideshot. I saw one at a JVC booth at a June electronics show (because the movie featured a JVC camcorder), and I still curse myself for not grabbing the poster when I had the chance.

Look forward to seeing them again, this time in HD!

15. hi_watt

hi_watt The Road Warrior

LOL! Nope! :D

16. dbmay75

dbmay75 Funk & Guitar Junkie

According to the site, the three films will be available on Blu-ray (and DVD) as a box set as well as single releases, sporting new digitally restored prints of each film, and “hours of all-new interactive bonus features.”

Although the 1st of the series is the best IMO, I think having the trilogy is essential to the story and the experience. To each his own though. I certainly have mine pre-ordered!

Anyone come across info regarding the audio options? I certainly hope a trilogy of this caliber is not limited to Dolby 5.1 :sigh:

Dan

17. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

80 bucks for the 3 movies is way too high for blu-ray. One day they will figure out that consumers are comfortable paying 15-20 bucks for a movie AND they want a new transfer (which these thankfully have). 50 bucks for this set would be a great price, anything over that and it's just not worth it to me. The first movie is a must own though.

18. Planned retail price for "Back To The Future" Trilogy Blu-ray Box set

Universal needs to take a page from Paramount's pricing structure for catalog blu-rays. The original Star Trek Kirk/Spock movies, 1 through 6, were released as a box set for roughly $120 per unit. Costco and other warehouse retailers were able to get the sticker price down another $20, making each individual movie cost only $16.50 per title! Plus there was an additional bonus blu-ray featuring Whoopi Goldberg carrying on a Star Trek Round Table 90 minutes in length with Bill Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Sir Patrick Stewart and Jonathan Frakes...the four best-remembered Captains of the USS Enterprise. I agree that the original sticker price was hefty, but they also gave you ADDED value for the money!:righton:

19. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

That's funny, I don't remember Nimoy or Frakes playing the Captain of the Enterprise. What episodes did this happen in?:winkgrin:

20. His Masters Vice

His Masters Vice W.C. Fields Forever

Frakes' character (Riker) was promoted to the rank of Captain during the "Best of Both Worlds" episode of TNG. As Picard was not aboard the ship, and technically no longer part of Starfleet, Riker was in command of the Enterprise. With the rank of Captain.

However, I'm not quite nerdy enough to comment on Nimoy! ;)

We now return to our previously scheduled "Back to the Future" discussion...

21. darkmatter

darkmatter Gort Astronomer Staff

Not an episode but the film, Wrath of Khan :)

Captain Spock serves as a cadet training officer, while being in command of the U.S.S. Enterprise.

22. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

The movies have been playing in HD on TV recently...I think ABC Family. Anyway, they looked beautiful. I'm guessing these are the transfers that will be released on BD?

Really cool news, it's about time! :thumbsup:

dan c

23. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

Thanks for catching that part about the single releases. I like all three movies but the first is the only one I'd really care to buy. A true classic.

24. dbmay75

Amazon must have read your post and want you to buy this from them: http://www.amazon.com/Back-Future-A...f=sr_tr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1278030796&sr=8-1

DVD: http://www.amazon.com/Back-Future-2...f=sr_tr_2?ie=UTF8&s=aps&qid=1278030796&sr=8-2

25. dbmay75

You're welcome and I fully agree, it's probably my personal fave of all time. I am REALLY looking forward to receiving this, however the next four months of waiting for this is REALLY going to test my compulsive side :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.