Bad Company Live At Red Rocks - Walmart Exclusive CD & DVD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stopbrickwalling, Sep 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozric

Ozric Senior Member

Wow, three pages into this thread and nobody has commented on the quality of the recording or the performance, has anybody actually listened to it yet ?, If so how is it ?

2. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Got my copy tonight at a superwalmart. Was $11.88 as the OP said. Weird that it is about $1 more if you order it from their website (even if picking it up).

And no I haven't listened to it yet. Maybe Friday if I have enough time. I can say regardless of the performance I like the setlist. Cool to see Electricland in there, which I think is a GREAT song (but just on a Godawful album - Rough Diamonds).

3. stopbrickwalling

stopbrickwalling Forum Resident Thread Starter

For those asking about the sound and performance, it's typical modern day Bad Co.
    It's not the band at their peak in the 70's but Paul Rodgers still seems to defy father time.
    Not all that different from Live At Hard Rock and Live At Wembley releases....similar mastering too.
    I have listened and watched it thru several times while doing things around the house.
    I am happy to have it for the bargain price....I'm a sucker for exclusives anyway and love Bad Co.
    I think I am also enamored with the fact that I was not aware of this release until I walked upon it and saw it there in the rack.
    It was a throwback buying experience for me...read the cover in the store and bought without any previewing of songs online, etc., etc.
    Just pop it in the player and see what we have....just like the good old days.

Live At Red Rocks gives you Crazy Circles which I am not aware being on any other live Bad Co. release.
    You also get Live For The Music and Burnin' Sky which were not on the Wembley CD (Burnin' Sky was on the Wembley DVD only).

If you liked Hard Rock or Wembley and already have them, then this release might be considered redundant for you.
    If you really like Paul Rodgers or Bad Co., then you probably want this one in your collection too.

As always, tastes vary when it comes to music and YMMV.

4. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Did you receive an autographed booklet? What names were on it?

5. prs

prs Active Member

The Live 77-79 has the original lineup also search for live in alberquerque this you may find on eBay or amazon this was withdrawn but you will have to search for this

slipkid and Matthew Tate like this.
  6. maclen

maclen Senior Member

For my Atlanta metro area people I got the CD/DVD at the Walmart on HWY 29 and Pleasent Hill in Lilburn GA. They also had exclusives for Foriegner 40 years 3 cds with the last CD a live one and Kenny Loggins Soundstage. Funny how the sticker doesn't say anything about a DVD with it.

7. MYQ1

MYQ1 Forum Resident

8. Working Man

Working Man New Member

9. Working Man

Working Man New Member

Oops, I goofed on my reply above.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. I ran out tonight an picked up my copy. They only had four in the rack at the end of the aisle, I think as a new release.

10. MYQ1

MYQ1 Forum Resident

11. Carserguev

Carserguev Forum Resident

This sucks... I want this so much I can taste it, but I live in Spain!!
    As a longtime fan of both Rodgers and Kirke and the Black Crowes, I'd been hoping they'd release a show from this tour, only for this to happen! Aaaarrgghhh!
    Is there any chance this will gain a wider release?!
    :help::(:help::cry::sigh:

12. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

I have the other Bad Co live releases. How does this sound? Is it worth getting?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  13. I saw this tour and Rich Robinson really added some needed muscle on guitar. PR is the best and sounded great. The setlist features some of their '2nd tier' hits like Rock Steady and Burnin' sky, so that a bonus for me.

I'll be in the lookout for this.

Matthew Tate and Beautiful Loser like this.
  14. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

I got it today. My sort of nearby store (10 miles away) had 1 copy........(now out of stock)

15. stopbrickwalling

stopbrickwalling Forum Resident Thread Starter

16. 12Toes

12Toes Forum Resident

This release reminds me of the Sknyrd Walmart exclusive some years ago called "Southern Surroundings". That one was a 3-disk (CD/DVD/DVD-A) package. I still listen to the 5.1 disc. Years later, it eventually ended up being re-released on Blu-Ray. Maybe this one takes the same path.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  17. Beautiful Loser

Beautiful Loser Well-Known Member

I may be late in responding, but it does have a separate cd and dvd. Just watched it
    and it is incredible! Saw the same tour, but another venue.

18. Beautiful Loser

Also, I agree with you...it wasn't very clear on the listing.

19. Beautiful Loser

On this tour, I believe (could be wrong) that there were two of the ''original" three (Paul, Simon and minus Mick). Rich Robinson from Black Crowes played on this tour...which was great, by the way.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  20. Beautiful Loser

Mick was actually touring/playing with his same name blues band last year in the UK and played with Bad Co when they returned there after their US tour.

21. MYQ1

MYQ1 Forum Resident

Could've done without "Seagull", again.....
    On other dates it was scratched for "Run With The Pack".
    "Do Right By Your Woman" would've been nice too.

slipkid likes this.
  22. Beautiful Loser

23. Beautiful Loser

I would get it and send it to you if you thought it could be compatible in Spain with your electronics. Let me know when its convenient.
    Anything to help another Bad Co fan

24. aboji

aboji Forum Resident

I am a big RR fan and had heard some stuff from this tour and was glad to see that this release came out. It is not bad. He does add some texture.

'Gone, Gone, Gone' songwriting credit to Box Burrell. ugh.... Box? Really?!?!?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Ugh. Inexcusable.

I haven't even opened mine up yet to see, but maybe that was an intentional jokey thing - do they also credit "Paul Roberts", "Mike Ralphs" and "Simone Kirk" on anything?

Matthew Tate and aboji like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.