Band Fans - New Richard Manuel Solo CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by njwiv, Jun 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. njwiv

njwiv Senior Member Thread Starter

Dreamsville Records of Japan has recently released the first Richard Manuel solo album, called Whispering Pines. It is a soundboard recording from a Richard Manuel concert at the Getaway Club, October 12, 1985 (lesser quality audience recordings from this show have previously circulated among collectors). For more information, I recommend the following website:

http://theband.hiof.no/albums/whispering_pines.html

The album is available as an import from HMV Canada, and I am pleased to report that I received confirmation today via e-mail that my copy has shipped!

Jay

2. KLM

KLM Senior Member

This could be interesting. Let us you know what you think when you receive your copy. Thanks for the info.

3. DanG

DanG On Green Dolphin Street

Thanks for the info, njwiv. Yes, please let us know how it sounds. I was wondering how to order this, the only website I could find selling this was in Japanese, and I couldn't figure out the cost! HMV I can do! :D

4. njwiv

njwiv Senior Member Thread Starter

The disc arrived via HMV Canada on Friday and the fidelity is outstanding for a vintage live club recording. I've been listening to it all weekend. Sparse and intimate, it's a fantastic portrait of Richard Manuel the performer (although the cheap electric piano does detract slightly). He was in good spirits and good voice that night. Hard to believe his life ended only five short months later.

Jay

5. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

Jay,
    Thanks for the information on this disc. I'll probably order it from HMV soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.