Band member fired, replaced within days

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BryanA-HTX, Sep 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zen

zen Senior Member

Sabbath lineup changes were sure hard to keep track of. Sharon O. did a fine job of selling the public...there's only 4 members. When in reality, there were 25 members in total.

Dave Hoos likes this.
  2. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

Glenn Cornick played his last Tull gig in November 1970, then by December Jeffrey Hammond was recording Aqualung with them and played his first gig January 1971.

3. joepepitone

joepepitone Forum Resident

Yeah I knew that and about some others, I should have started my post with...."There's a horde of Jethro Tull replacement stories....."

4. zen

zen Senior Member

With The Searchers, Tony Jackson quit or was fired (late July 1964) and within days (Aug. 3rd) was replaced by Frank Allen...who remains to this day.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  5. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

Jeff Cease was fired by the Black Crowes in October 1991; Marc Ford was flown out days after Cease's dismissal.

Marc Faxin' Ford quit in 2006 (after being fired in 1997 and rejoining in 2005) via fax 3 days before a tour started, and was replaced on lead guitar by producer Paul Stacey, who filled in admirably on a moments notice, especially considering longtime keyboard player Eddie Harsch (RIP) was replaced on the same leg as well.

6. SonyTek

SonyTek Forum Resident

Lindsey Buckingham? :hide:

petem1966 likes this.
  7. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

I was just thinking of that one lol

SonyTek likes this.
  8. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

They replaced Marky Mark with a better vocalist named Myles Kennedy ;)

9. MarcS

MarcS Forum Resident

October 30, 1971 Fillmore West Jim Messina's last show with Poco; October 31, 1971 Fillmore West; Paul Cotton's 1st show with Poco.
    March 3, 1965-EC's last show with the Yardbirds; March 5, 1965; Jeff Beck's 1st show.

Dave Hoos likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.