Bands that I love and want to share with you

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Aquateen, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aquateen

Aquateen Forum Resident Thread Starter

Yesterdays Kids This band is from my hometown of Neenah, Wi. Awesome power-pop music. Check out the sample of "18" in the link provided.

The Figs! This is my favorite group in the whole world. They are hands down the best live band I've ever seen, forget big outdoors shows. Last time I aw them was in Green Bay opening and backing up Tommy Stinson of Replacements fame. Let me tell you, no one cared about Tommy Stinson. These guys have been putting out records for about 10 years now and they've never put out a clunker (well their last one was so so). I think I tuned Craig onto these guys. If you go to Hearbox you can pick up their last three albums and two eps. Sadly their best album "Banda Macho" is out of print. I suggest that everyone pick up "Couldn't Get High" for well constructed pop, "Sucking in Stereo" if you want to dance and "For EP Fans Only" if you want to hear some real heartbreaking songs. Seriously, I will refund anyones money who gets any of these albums and feels like they wasted their money.

2. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

I picked up Slow Charm and Sucking In Stereo by The Figgs last year at your suggestion and enjoy them both. I've only seen them live once when they backed Graham Parker in early 2002. I read on the GP mailing list that they're trying to find photos that fans took during the GP/Figgs shows to be used on a possible CD release.

3. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

Check THIS for GP & The Figgs live.

4. Aquateen

Aquateen Forum Resident Thread Starter

Yeah, mike from the Figgs put that one together. Last time I saw them they played a few from their upcoming double album and they were great! One song in particular had a glorious Kinks feel to it.

5. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

I have a pretty funny Figgs story. I saw them with Parker a couple of years ago. They did a fine set of their own tunes then backed up GP for his set. I was front and center and pretty hammered. Don't recall just why. Anyway I called out for some old GP & The Rumour song and Parker responded "This band doesn't know that one" so I drunkely responded "Get a new band then!" and the bass player looked hurt and said "Hey!" I told him I was sorry...

Cheers-
    Norm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.