Bands who made the same album over and over again

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mother, Apr 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

perhaps due to Iommi's guitar sound....which was great back then...

danielbravo likes this.
  2. danielbravo

danielbravo Senior Member

Don't get me wrong but...
    London Calling is Rockabilly, Soul, Ska, Post-Punk, Rock Steady, Pop Music and maybe much more but all with an immensely "punk spirit"
    So if someone refers to London Calling as a Punk album, I would not dare to contradict that ... why could not it be Punk ?
    The attitude and the whole process by which it was conceived: Is totally punk !

Anyway ! Punk is not just a matter of music, three chords and a lot of speed. Nah ! it's about attitude and that's what's left over in London Calling.
    Under that perspective it is valid to say that it is punk.

Good Vibes

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    alchemy and punkmusick like this.
  3. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

:yikes: Good lord. Play White Light/White Heat (1968) and their self titled album (1969) and try to tell me that those two albums sound even remotely the same. Unbelievable.

wolfram, uzn007, Steve B and 5 others like this.
  4. J.J Cale. And I love every god-damned one of 'em.

5. Beamish13

Beamish13 Forum Resident

Descendants

6. carlwm

carlwm Forum Resident

All hip-hop, rap and EDM sound the same to me (not to each other, you understand, but to other acts within their own genres) because I am ill-educated in their styles and am too lazy to explore.

I'm sure that fans of the above might struggle to find the differences in my favourite AOR anf country-rock bands also.

Fullbug likes this.
  7. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll

Very obvious that some people here are argueing on thin ground.
    To claim The Rolling Stones, The Smiths, The Clash and even now The Velvet Underground making the same music on every album, says it all: They have not listened at all or are mixing up the music they are not into, with their assumings.

I might as well be the first: Since The Beatles consisted of 4 people, playing guitars, bass and drums, all they ever did was to play the same kind of sloppy rock and roll over and over. Love Me Do and I Am The Walrus sounds exactly the same, since they have the same instruments on them. Now, close the thread, please!

danielbravo likes this.
  8. Creole Gris-Gris

Creole Gris-Gris Shoe-String Budget Audiophile

oh, lets not forget Jack Johnson.

Mechanical Man likes this.
  9. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

You can go from from KISS, to Destroyer to The Elder, to Creatures, to Lick it Up, to Revenge, to Unplugged to Carnival of Souls........no I agree, not the same albums.

hi_watt, carlwm and BurtThomasWard like this.
  10. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

I scanned the thread and though I enjoy his music, John Cougar Mellancamp.

11. Blank Frank

Blank Frank King of Carrot Flowers

Damn! I managed to forget him for years and you come along and remind me about him...

12. Brewmeister

Brewmeister Forum Resident

I think other than the Nico-sung songs they sound very similar.

13. Vangro

Vangro Forum Resident

I was going to say you've only heard the first album then, except even the tracks on that album don't sound too similar to each other.

14. BurtThomasWard

BurtThomasWard Guided by Loke In Memoriam

Forgotten. But never forgiven.

15. Steve B

Steve B Forum Resident

I wholeheartedly agree Tristero. Venus in Furs is as different as The Gift as Candy Says as Lonesome Cowboy Bill.

danielbravo likes this.
  16. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis

Yeah but every album after that sounded exactly like White Light White Heat, right? I can't remember now... :D

17. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that you haven't actually listened to much VU. White Light/White Heat is a very raw, experimental album, culminating in the 16 minute proto-punk orgy of "Sister Ray". Their third album is surprisingly delicate and restrained for the most part, with several gentle ballads. Their final album, Loaded, was much more poppy and accessible. Each album is distinctly different from the next.

Steve B likes this.
  18. Blackdagger

Blackdagger Forum Resident

Never! Those who say Motorhead sound the same dont know nothing. Motorhead is very very different. Change came with line up changes. Just listen "On Parole" album - "Another Perfect Day" album - "Sacrifice" album. In those three they are so extremely different, if there is no Lemmy's voice and you listen this first time you would never guess that this is the same band. So those who say otherwise.... dont know nothing.
    If you think they are in rnr all the time... Well the same as Miles Davis cant play Sex Pistols, or Jean Michel Jarre cant play The Exploited. Of course they are in their own genre all the time.

19. egebamyasi

egebamyasi Forum Resident

Funny 'cause On Parole is the only album I have. After that they all sound the same to me.

Bigbudukks likes this.
  20. Black Magic Woman

Black Magic Woman Forum Resident

21. Black Magic Woman

Nirvana kind of... In Utero has the same vibe to Nevermind IMO. Well, tbh, I haven’t listened much but I have that impression.

22. Black Magic Woman

Joy Division?

23. egebamyasi

egebamyasi Forum Resident

Bleach is a tad different.

24. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

All of my nominees were named right off the top. Ramones, AC/DC, Motörhead, and ZZ Top and I like all of them but it must mean something that those names keep coming up.

Fullbug likes this.
  25. Eric Weinraub

Eric Weinraub Forum Resident

THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uzn007 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.