Bands you don't like that, given your taste in music, you really should like

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Judge Judy, Oct 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retro Hound

Retro Hound Forum Resident

With my love of 1980s alternative, people are always surprised that I don't care for Elvis Costello.

2. Sear

Sear Dad rocker

The Fall
    The Pastels
    Stereolab

3. Leepal

Leepal Forum Resident

When I was listening to a lot of British prog, Van Der Graff were the one I couldn't really get into for some reason. But the big names in 70s prog were somewhat different to each other anyway.

4. caio vaz

caio vaz Senior Member

Hahaha i swear to God im not bulliyng you!! By the way, are you brazilian too?

5. carlwm

carlwm Forum Resident

Glad it's not just me!

6. The Slug Man

The Slug Man Forum Resident

I like King Crimson, Yes, and some other art rock/prog rock, but I'm not crazy about Pink Floyd.

Though I like Southern Rock, CCR, and Neil Young, I don't like The Band that much.

I like most of the original British Invasion (Beatles/Stones/Who) but I've never really warmed up to The Kinks.

And although I like late 70s/early 80s AOR like Boston, Journey, REO Speedwagon, and Foreigner, I'm not the world's biggest Styx fan.

carlwm likes this.
  7. The Slug Man

The Slug Man Forum Resident

Oh, and a friend of mine from high school was majorly into what we now call '80s hair metal...KISS, LA Guns, Vinnie Vincent Invasion, Ratt, Motley Crue, Kix, Tesla, you name it...except Great White. I once asked him, "Why don't you like Great White, Jeremy? I figured they'd be right up your alley!" He answered, "Great White...aren't they the band whose singer has that 'King Arthur' haircut?":laugh:

quarl23 and carlwm like this.
  8. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly 1964-73 rock's best decade

I love 60's psychedelic music, but am only lukewarm to The Grateful Dead.

9. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

I love blues, especially Chicago blues, but can't stand most of the American and British revival versions thereof. The Rolling Stones, the Animals and Van Morrison & Them, sure, but I find most of the rest just . . . lacking.

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  10. let him run...

let him run... Senior Member

I should like U2 and Pearl Jam. I don't dislike them, I simply don't care.
    The Grateful Dead look interesting on paper, but no. I bought both American Beauty and Workingman's Dead on DVD-A in hopes of getting pulled in.
    I can see them over there on the shelves staring at me, feeling unloved.
    There's a pretty long list of things I should like.
    But, it's a pretty good thing, that I don't. I can't really even afford, what I do like!

11. veloso2

veloso2 Forum Resident

no, french!!!

12. caio vaz

caio vaz Senior Member

I dont like that much bowie, lou red, prince, caetano veloso, pearl jam,u2,radiohead.. is not that i totally dont like em, i just dont listen em at home.

13. carlwm

carlwm Forum Resident

No idea who Caetano Veloso is and I quite like Radiohead but I'm with you with the rest!

14. danasgoodstuff

danasgoodstuff Forum Resident

I love Sonny, but he's not a great band leader - maybe that's it for you?

15. caio vaz

caio vaz Senior Member

For me he is the better one i said..but not thaaat good

carlwm likes this.
  16. Soundslave

Soundslave Forum Resident

Ok, let's see...
    I'm a big The Doors fan, but I don't like Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Who. And besides the first part of Physical Graffiti I can't say I like anything from Led Zeppelin other than like 3 other hit songs.
    I really like both Megadeth and Metallica (to a lesser extent), but not a fan of other prominent metal bands. Only some less popular thrash bands and albums.
    I like RATM and Pantera, but not so keen on System of a Down, Korn, Sepultura, Limp Bizkit.
    Like Jack White and White Stripes, but Dead Weather is not my cup of tea.
    Sometimes I do like to listen to some shred instrumental albums and one of my friends (after learning that I'm also a big Tom Morello fan) told to try out Steve Vai - as with Joe Satriani, I still prefer Michael Angelo Batio to them both :)

17. drad dog

drad dog A Listener

Jim James / My Morning Jacket

18. bradman

bradman Forum Resident

I like Bro-Country, but haven't really warmed to Amon Duul II.

19. BDC

BDC Forum Resident

I kind of want to say Slayer, being I like various bits of Metal from the period. I've never heard anything from them that I like, but I haven't heard most of their stuff. Likely if I did I'd find something redeeming...I usually can...... There are a lot of bands I'm not all the way in on....

I was really into the alt rock/alt pop rock genre back in the 90s, and never really cared much for Everclear or Candlebox. If I tried though could probably get into it.

Velvet Revolver a hard rock band with good players should of been something I liked. I always liked The Stone temple pilots, but never found enough variation in Wielands voice for repeated listening.. There's a generic quality in there, which when combined with a generic sounding band, is very bland and boring.
    Same

Soundslave likes this.
  20. BDC

BDC Forum Resident

For people talking about The Grateful Dead,Phish, Allman bros, the latter vastly distinguishes itself by having a great singer. Even the offshoot Gov't Mule leader Warren Haynes is a great singer. The Airplane had great singers..... Santana had IMO mostly great singers....I am a Rollie fan for sure.....

PhoffiFozz likes this.
  21. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

Don't sweat it. The guys in Velvet Revolver didn't like Velvet Revolver.

BDC likes this.
  22. Harry Hood

Harry Hood Forum Resident

Very varied tastes here, but 70's classic rock has always been my first love.

But I've never liked The Who.

dconsmack likes this.
  23. dconsmack

dconsmack Senior Member

The Who
    Cream
    System Of A Down
    Pearl Jam
    A Perfect Circle
    Bob Dylan

24. dconsmack

dconsmack Senior Member

I feel exactly the same. I just can't get into their vibe.

25. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

Love the Beatles but don't like Oasis at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.