bang and olufsen

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Alistair Maclean, Jul 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mojomojo

mojomojo Active Member

Never had a Marantz receiver from 40 years old that needed service except for lights or pot spraying .Ive had dozens.
    Pioneer is the same.They seem to run forever.
    Where as B&O or Conrad Johnson.
    I know they wont work without service.I think its the caps longevity.

2. Bolero

Bolero Senior Member

I'm using a Beomaster 5500 system as a bedroom setup

I think it sounds great

and that remote console unit is pretty useful, I keep it on the nightstand so I can lean over & use it when I'm zonked out/still half asleep

I have it set to wake me up every morning with vinyl...pretty neat!!

am using a Soundsmith Boheme in my main TT, I like it a lot & will probably order a couple Soundsmith carts for the B&O too

3. Jim G.

Jim G. Geezer with a nice stereo!

When my wife got her first job as a full flegged Lawyer. I gave her a Bang and Olufsen Beosound unit. It gave her instant cred in the office. All the big shot partners were jealous Stunning design for the time and worked really well as an office system.

The first time I saw Bang and Olufsen was in Europe in the '70s. It was a very modern looking "Coffee Table". The stereo was built in with the controls built in to the edge of the table. I think it was the coolest looking stereo I had ever seen.

4. Alistair Maclean

Alistair Maclean Active Member Thread Starter

used a beomaster 3000 as a stage amp when the main one didn't work sounded better than the professional amp altho it a 40 watt it doesn't clip until around 550 watts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.