Baskets - FX Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Feb 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

It'though.s a much better in many ways. It's heavier at times, but has better dialogue. I was going to say that the last episode was written especially for Louis Anderson, who is the best "mother" I've seen, but it goes on a bit too long at the end for me. I loved the episode

2. George P

George P Notable Member

Watching through this show a second time and loving it even more!

3. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Louis Anderson has a huge part in this season (no pun intended). I'm enjoying his acting so far this season. There seems to be a focus on him this season, though he was a big part of the first season. I'll bet everyone saw the response to Louis' role in the show.

Desolation Row likes this.
  4. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

The writing and acting this season is really outstanding, which is saying something considering how great this show has been since the first episode.

MikaelaArsenault and George P like this.
  5. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

Wow, already heading towards the end of the new season and not a peep from anyone. The first few episodes were a bit slow, but it's really picked up. The Martha-centric episodes was outstanding. Love the direction that self-help Chip is going. Glad that Dale has finally shown up. And as long as this show is on, academy, please just either give Louie Anderson the Emmy or make him ineligible to give someone else a chance. I'm not sure which is better, his acting or the brilliant decision to cast him in the role of Christine. And it's been nearly 2 seasons...where are the twins????

6. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member Thread Starter

I've got a bit of a wait 'til Hulu gets the new season.

7. Desolation Row

Desolation Row Forum Resident

I'm somehow a huge fan of this show, but had no idea Season 4 was out until I received my alert from this thread. Glad I did! Just downloaded all available episodes from the new season.

kouzie likes this.
  8. Desolation Row

Just watched episode one of Season 4. I love it. I didn't enjoy Season 3 as much because I didn't like the rodeo story and center of action. Based on the first episode and season preview, I think I'm going to like this new season.

Some great quotes in the first episode:

"I like plaid, or is that more of an attitude?"

"I just walked away, like you said."

"I did, but I kind of zone out when I’m packing."

And then a really rich and wonderful quote from Louie Anderson in his behind-the-scenes first look interview:

"It’s more than a sitcom. It’s more than a drama. It’s like a kaleidoscope. If you keep turning it you see something a little bit different."

Exactly. Brilliant show. Love this show!

ex_mixer, badfinger54 and kouzie like this.
  9. Silken

Silken Forum Resident

And now I didn't know there was a season 4!!

Desolation Row likes this.
  10. mr. steak

mr. steak Forum Resident

The direction Chip is going in this season is great.

"Martha drinks too much sherry and ruins the pot roast." What great episode descriptions.

11. Desolation Row

I'm four episodes into Season 4. I love this season. This is just really great and rewarding television. This season's storylines are funny, interesting, and powerful. I love the absurd and dark humor, and the physical humor too. But I think the dramatic and metaphorical dimensions of this show are what make it really special. The show's characters are artfully exaggerated versions of people that feel very real, recognizable, and human to me. There is nothing else like this show.

kouzie likes this.
  12. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

Was so sad to read this morning that Season 4 will be the final season with Aug 22nd's episode being the series finale.

13. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Silken likes this.
  14. Desolation Row

Just paused halfway through watching the final episode of the series to say I'm going to miss this show so much. In about fifteen more minutes I'll see how it all ends.

This has been my favorite season. I love what they did with Chip this season. They finally succeeded at granting Chip a depth on a par with Christine. I love how they've made Martha central in this final episode, after ignoring her for significant stretches this season.

Such an amazing show that I connect with on a deeply emotional level. Somewhere in the show's rich absurdity, parody, and pathos I recognize scenes from my own life--distorted or exaggerated, to be sure, but something deeply familiar.

I'm going to finish the show now.

Edited to say I love that they got in one final "clooning"!

Second edit: Just finished; really sad the show is over.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  15. mr. steak

mr. steak Forum Resident

This season was batting high with everyone (other than Dale). Maybe Dale is supposed to represent the manic while twin brother Chip is the depressive nature. He wears out his welcome as a character very fast for me.

Alfie Noakes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.