bass drop outs on dvd and bluray of wings ROCKSHOW. what to do?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bigmikerocks, Jun 16, 2013.

1. slane

slane Forum Resident

Did anyone see this last night? Assuming they are showing (part of) the DVD, if the drop-outs are on this showing is it not safe to assume that all copies are affected? I'll try and watch it later.
  2. Bewaremylove

Bewaremylove Well-Known Member

What happens if we just send our disc to them if we never had a response? All the emails I sent and I still have not heard anything from them at all.
  3. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Forum Resident

I know what you mean, they never responded to me either. I just sent in my Blu-Ray disc anyway. I figure I'm not watching it anyway as it bothers me. I would REALLY be steamed if they didn't send me a new disc back. I really hope they've fixed the issue but I'm really doubtful they did. Weirder things have happened though ... I'll report if I get a good disc back ... or no disc at all LOL!
    Bewaremylove likes this.
  4. Pizza

Pizza Forum Resident

I'll be interested in hearing from you guys that sent in your copies what you end up getting. Hopefully, the issue is fixed. Blu-rays and DVDs are massed produced so I got to imagine all first run copies would have this issue. This will be a telling test to see if this company truly knows what's up or cares about their customers.
  5. Bewaremylove

Bewaremylove Well-Known Member

Thanks for the quick reply.. I'll probably do the same seeing as how I'm not watching it either. Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone
  6. rstamberg

rstamberg Forum Resident

I've got a feeling they will not be fixing this disc. Sorry.
  7. shabbyroad

shabbyroad Active Member

I'm holding off getting this BR until I'm confident this issue is fixed
  8. grorr76

grorr76 New Member

I am very confident its fixed I have been in constant communication with eagle rock and they have definitely been following through a process. It would look awful for them if they were lying people would just constantly send the discs back and it is costing them a fair penny to not to have it fixed. Here is australia interestingly no one stocks the disc which makes me think its being recalled for this 2nd run.
  9. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Active Member

I noticed no bass drop outs on my copy of the blu-ray. This was using a 7.2 system, Oppo blu-ray player, and Denon receiver.
  10. grorr76

grorr76 New Member

might of gotton a 2nd batch copy otherwise lucky you
  11. bigmikerocks

bigmikerocks Well-Known Member

Some people on here have reported no bass drop outs on there. Looks like some good batches went out as well as the bad batches
  12. Mark_TB

Mark_TB Active Member

I did a spot check of mine (BotR), and it definitely had the drop-outs. Not so noticeable when it drops out, but I can sure tell when it kicks back in.
  13. testikoff

testikoff Well-Known Member

I envy your optimism, but remain somewhat skeptical...
  14. emitex

emitex Active Member

Wow.. of all the artists and products for this to happen..LOL. QC was probably concentrating more on Linda's keyboard!
  15. andymsuo

andymsuo New Member

Just received my replacement copy of Rockshow from Amazon UK....and the bad news is, the problem is still there! This beyond a joke. Eagle Rock are a joke!
  16. andymsuo

andymsuo New Member

Further news...I've just noticed that Amazon UK have removed Rockshow from sale yet again!
  17. Guy R

Guy R Well-Known Member

Man at this point I'm glad that I just borrowed this from a friend to try out. I will buy it if all this gets cleared up.
    Gloi likes this.
  18. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Oh Jeez..
  19. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Well-Known Member

I was trying to be optimistic about it but I think we all knew that was going to happen.

Thanks for reporting back. I think it's time to give up on this. Eagle Rock is not going to fix it if they won't even acknowledge the real problem. That 99% nonsense they were talking about was offensive to anyone who spent money on this defective product. Demand your money back!
  20. bigmikerocks

Read back a few posts. There is a message from Eagle rock admitting the problem saying they have fixed it and giving you an address to return the defective disks to. When this person returned theirs to Amazon, they were still selling defective discs.
  21. Six Bachelors

Isn't the implication in Amazon starting to sell this again that Eagle Rock had provided a second issue to Amazon?

Regardless, I still don't think it's going to be fixed. Telling a disgruntled customer that 99% of people are having no problems is the virtually the same as telling that customer that the product is fine and that the customer is wrong.

I still think andymsuo should just ask for a refund. The Rockshow reissue is a dud.
    andymsuo likes this.
  22. bigmikerocks

If he's already gotten back a new disc, I would think the replacement would have been initiated before the recall.

I just mailed mine back to eagle rock in NYC today. I'm hoping for the best
  23. Six Bachelors

Don't get me wrong: I really hope this is resolved. I'm just not expecting it now. Please report back once you receive your replacement.

How long would it take to remedy this? Does anyone know what it takes to fix a Blu-Ray master and press new discs?
  24. PNeski@aol.com

PNeski@aol.com Well-Known Member

I didn't have any problem ,but I don't have a Sub played the HD track twice
  25. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Well-Known Member

My BD of Rockshow was shipped from Amazon with the Help! BD disc a couple weeks ago. I finally got around to watching it tonight and used the 5.1 lossless audio. I don't use a sub, but my fronts have 15" woofers and my backs have 12". I had the show blasting and didn't hear or notice any kind of bass drop outs whatsoever anywhere through the whole concert. I was actively listening for them too because of these threads.
    :shrug:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)